Why do most guys think they're better looking than all other guys?

I've noticed that a lot of guys think that they are more attractive than nearly every other guy. I've seen so many guys get mad when they see a hot girl with a guy they deem unattractive, regardless whether the guy is objectively attractive. Usually, the guy complaining isn't any more attractive than the guy he's hating on (often he's less attractive), but he doesn't seem to get it. Is this a common thing among girls, too?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Lolol sooo truue, finally someone said it! Guys are just cluelessly competitive

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I am not sure that I have met a man who believes that he is better looking than the other men. Perhaps, if I did, he wouldn't be the kind of guy I would want to know more of.

0|1
    0|0
  • most? doubt it. maybe those who get a lot of female attention.

0|1
    0|1
    • Seems very common to me.

• Their ego makes them think they're better than everyone else. If they didn't believe they were better, their whole world would be turned upside down.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• lol im no channing tatum

0|0
    0|0
  • Straight men are turned off by masculine traits that attract most women. So to us a guy that is extremely ugly, is often just an extremely masculine looking guy. This is why so many guys think women have bisexual tenancies. Most straight guys can't fathom seeing both masculine and feminine traits attractive at the same time. For us it goes from feminine to being the most beautiful, to masculine being the most ugly.

If you add in that the media doesn't show masculine men as being attractive, and instead only has a bunch of pretty boys with shaved chests, and it means that most straight men are going to have no idea what straight women are going to be attracted to.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes