Why do some guy friends can't be purely platonic?

I crave for a pure, platonic friendship where they are like my bros, not like almost-boyfriends!
I understand that teasing and playfulness can be there, but why do my guy friends flirt with me so much that it hardly seems like a platonic friendship. Either sexual innuendos or lots of talks about love and feelings--I mean, friendships should be full of playfulness, right? Some says that they want to be with me romantically while one says that if he had been single, he would have dated me! While one joked about dreaming about me and you know, other sexual things. So... yeah why?

315

Most Helpful Guy

• i also agree with an opinion here that a pure platonic friendship between girls and guys do not exist, i think the only way they can be in a somewhat friendshiplike relation is either if they have been knowing each other since childhood, are colleagues at work or if they usually only meet in a group of people.
    I actually have a female friend, but we grew up together and are colleagues and this way we don't develop feelings for each other.
    And I also have another female friend that I have a big crush on, it's a nightmare.

• Yes, it makes sense. Thanks! :) I guess it all depends on the amount of time you spend with them and how much chemistry you feel with them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys are confusing because they value sex above any other kind of interaction. Except, sex is also meaningless to them and not attached to love.

Think of it moreas access to sex makes them feel valuable and powerful, so not having sex with them seems like an insult. Hence "friend zone" being a dirty word to them because they know it means you don't want to sleep with them. It's better to be friendly and polite, but not to try to have close guy friends. It makes them angry and brings out their ugliest side.

• :O But they themselves first start calling us their good friends. They seem like crazy!!

• It can be confusing. These boys hope that pretending to be friends will give them time to make you notice them romantically. Some (not all) are even jerks in disguise hoping to make you feel you "owe" them.

They usually mean well, but are just preoccupied with raging hormones and their natural impulse for power and status.