Gentlemen please do not take this the wrong way?

I'm hearing a lot of situations where the guy says he loves the girl so much but he will still cheat. Please explain what this mean because if I love somebody I really don't want to hurt them and cheating is a horrible thing to do to someone you love. lets say he decides to take a vacation overseas and encounters an attractive female that finds interest in him would he cheat? Again I'm not trying to offend anyone I understand that everyone is not the same and I do not like to generalize.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never cheated. but...

love won't prevent it.

It's like saying people who screw up their diet 'didn't really want to lose weight' Yeah, they did. A lot. But they screwed up. Lacked willpower in the moment.

5|0
    1|0
    • That is a great way to put it :(
      But I still think you cannot love the person you cheated on.

• @BuchitaBuchys
      I wish that were true. Then we'd know if someone loved us, we'd be safe from cheating.

Lifes not that simple. The people around us are fallible, and so are we, and sometimes they will make mistakes, and sometimes we even contributed to them.

If you want a partnership without cheating, you both have to work to avoid bad temptation.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• People in healthy relationships rarely cheat. Most people are not in healthy relationships, though, and in most cases, both parties are at least partially at fault for that.

Most cheaters are simply selfish, self-centered people who lack empathy with others. These cheaters rarely feel regret, because they simply don't care about the feelings they've hurt. (Regret about GETTING CAUGHT is not the same thing.)

A smaller number of cheaters are just people who were in unhealthy relationships, felt lonely and needy and unfulfilled, and happened across someone who was willing to solve that problem for them, at least temporarily. Their desire for that fulfillment made them temporarily weak, and they cheated. These cheaters usually feel terribly guilty, and often confess on their own.

But in nearly all cases, communication had fallen apart in their primary relationships prior to the cheating, OR, the couple was simply never fully compatible, and were in denial of that fact until something big enough came along that neither one could ignore.

3|0
    0|0
  • If he cheats he doesn't love her. I was in the navy and went to far away places on deployment. A lot of the older guys that were married said they had an agreement of don't ask don't tell about what he did overseas that what he did overseas stayed overseas. I didn't agree with it because Im against cheating for any reason. There were some that didn't cheat though

2|0
    0|0
  • just because one person loves another doesn't mean that love is shared and returned, one can be in a relationship where they love their partner and would do anything for that person, that doesn't mean the relationship is working well. there could be plenty of love but no love making, or there may just be love from one side

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends.. if he's MAN enough i'm sure he knows the word self-respect and honor.. but if he's a BOY surely he will taste all the meats around without hesitation..

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow... It seems clear to me that if someone's willing to cheat on their spouse then they really don't truly love them.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's how I feel, too.

• If other girl is more beautiful and more sexy, most of men will cheat even if they regret it. If I would go overseas and met a super hot girl, I could cheat too. Depends on my girlfriend and how much I love her.

0|0
    1|0
  • not really the same thing. even two different words. love... lust... i could love a girl with all my heart. if she is not taking care of me and making me happy and we are VERBALLY "working" through it but yet nothing is coming of it, then ya i would go somewhere else to get my rocks off. does this mean i dont love her any less? no, it means she's not taking care of me when i need it is all. nothing to do about love. also there are obviously many other reasons. I've know people that just sleep with anything that passes them. so thye might love u but some chicks shows ur guy her tits and bam he's all over them. and so on and so on... it could be anything really.

0|0
    1|0
  • if I love someone but they don't love me or even appreciate me then things get weird. just because I have feelings doesn't mean I don't have needs

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say 40% probably would cheat in that situation

0|0
    0|0
  • THANK YOU!! I AGREE SOO MUCH

1|0
    0|0
  • Cheating for men is different than for women. (You will NEVER understand it)

When women cheat they are emotionally evolved in the situation. Even those who say they don't get emotionally evolved, chemically women get attached during sex. Men can have sex without emotional connection.

Our brains are wired different than females and it makes it impossible for you to understand. Our animal programming never meant for us to be monogamous, it is not something you can "fix" with shame or reprogram. Just like we can not reprogram you to not be emotional. Regardless of the domestication of humans, we both will ALWAYS have natural animal programming. Whether we agree with it or not.

A guy CAN still love his partner and be happy with her and have sex simply for the act of having sex. (and NO I'm not trying to justify it, I am simply explaining the different mentality).
    I love my wife and my family more than anything else in the world, and although I have never cheated, I can understand it from a male perspective. I know that I could have sex simply as entertainment, without any negative slight towards my partner.

This is where women always go to the "Well it's disrespectful and if you disrespect your partner, then you don't love her."

This is a female perspective on how THEY feel towards something they don't understand. Simply because women only see it from the side that attaches emotion to the act of intercourse.
    Just like when women find male friends to fill an emotional need that their partner might not fill. This is the female equivalent of the same thing. You are doing something that fulfills a female need that your partner is not. You can still love your partner and what you have built together, but are simply missing a needed aspect which your sex is programmed to want.

0|0
    0|0
    • actually you're wrong I am very well aware that when women have sex with man they become emotionally connected. if she doesn't she is automatically called a whore. this is why when girls lose their virginity to guys and are heartbroken when the guy can't even speak to her when he sees her in public afterwards and pretends he doesn't know her she is upset. we humans are a evolved species so I don't want to hear any more things like this. you can say as much stuff as you want about how men scientifically try to read with plenty of women and women breed to find one me to stay with. you can say whatever you want and I understand that point of view but we are too involved to rely on these so called instincts. But I'm not trying to say that you're an idiot or or say you're disrespectful but I would like to ask you one question: why is it that when a woman decides to cheat on her man because of whatever reason why is she a whore... why is the man not a Whore when he just wanted variety

• Show All
    • What makes you think men aren't shamed for cheating. If anything women are less shamed. Look at Hollywood for example... Tiger woods, Hugh grant, Jessie James, etc... We're all turned into media slime. Called every derogatory name in the book and used as a launching board for cackle c words like the girls on the view, to use as a generalized denouncement of all men.

Women like Madonna, Meg Ryan, Leeann rimes, j lo... These women cheated and it is mostly passed off as the guy deserved it for not being good enough.

The rule of sorts with cheating is that a guy will forgive if the girl didn't have intercourse regardless of what else happened.
      A girl will often forgive only if there was no emotion and it was a purely physical thing.
      This has been what I have noticed.

And no worries, I don't take debate personally. Unless it becomes a personal attack.

• I'm talking about real life, the things I have seen. All celebrities are cheaters because they all do something to stay on top. Mostly by sleeping with the same sex And orgies. hollyweird doesn't count. Lol! But that's a different story. No matter what gender you are cheaters suck. At the end of the day we are only human... right? Lol

• I am offended.

0|0
    1|0
  • In the scenario you describe, a woman is more likely to cheat. Often times, this is how many women will actually get pregnant, then go home and pass it off as their husband's kid.

Would a guy cheat? Possibly. Can't say whether or not your guy would, I know nothing about him. In general, it's possible. Some guys might cheat, others not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Agreed. I don't think cheating is acceptable. If you love someone, then you want to be with them full stop. You might think others are pretty or find a celebrity hot, but you don't like them in that way that you do your partner who you want to be with.

I don't think you would cheat, you would tell the female you were taken or ward off the advances.

Could you help me with this female friend who seems to be trying to cheat? I would like some advice pls!!

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1370383-is-this-flirty-female-friend-into-me-am-i-into-her-why-do-i

1|0
    0|0
  • It's bullshit, they're saying I love you without really meaning it. Dudes who say that and then cheat are just lying and telling their girlfriends what they think they want to hear. It's wrong, but people do it. lol

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't say whether someone, including a guy, cheats on whomever their with is necessarily indicative of 'how much' they love them. Many instances where cheating takes place tends to be bad decisions by someone in the wrong place and wrong time.

So yeah, I suppose a guy who is not single encountering an attractive female will up the chances a bit. If he lacks that self control and idea of monogamy that is assumed when entering a relationship though, that could very well happen when still at home..

0|0
    0|0
  • They won't cheat physically but they do cheat online and through sex phone convos.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends upon a persons conscience and self- control. A guy may love a girl, but could still be tempted to cheat in certain circumstances. If he has no self- control, he may cheat because he is overcome by his desires, afterwards his conscience may affect him , so he may feel guilty.

Sometimes a persons desires are stronger than their self- control.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes