Girls how often do you complement guys?

How many times have you told your guy friend he looks good in that shirt?
How many times have you call your boyfriend/husband handsome or sexy?
Have you ever complimented a random guy on the street?

I want to know if women do compliment guys and GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN A GIRL COMPLIMENTS YOU
DO YOU LIKE IT, IS IT WEIRD OR SHE IS TRYING TOO HARD TO CATCH YOUR ATTENTION?

I'm asking this because I see a lot of guys saying that girls don't compliment them often enough I want to know if its true.

Post your answers below
  • yes i wolf wistle
    Vote A
  • no guys are the only ones that should do it
    Vote B
  • i do it sporadically it depends on the guy
    Vote C
  • me? talk to a guy, no way jose
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I think all guys no matter their age, weight or size are handsome
(cocky assholes, cheaters and just plain hateful are the exception to this statement) same goes for girls

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I think I've only been complimented in real life once... maybe. An older woman complimented my piano playing and tried to talk to me a bit. That's my entire experience being complimented irl that could be construed as interest, and having a female initiate anything - that is if she wasn't just solely interested in my piano playing.

I would like more compliments. I can't imagine much that I would think is trying too hard or weird.

Being overly subtle and trying to drop little hints to get attention is trying too hard and that's annoying. Straight up compliments are easier and more effective (and not annoying).

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• I was complimented today by a stranger o_o
    she said "I like your smile"
    ... I wasn't smiling...
    ... she then tried to get me to sign up to a charity...

Don't think it was genuine ;_;

0|1
    0|0
  • I've probably gotten less than 10 compliments in my whole life from girls. Theyre all random girls that said like nice hat or nice sweatshirt or something and that was it

0|1
    0|0
  • Well it obviously makes me feel good about myself. I would love it if someone I'm dating complimented me all the time, or at least every once in a while (its not something I'd expect from her though). But if your a random girl, and your only doing it to be nice, don't do it at all. Because if a random girl (that's fairly pretty of course) were to compliment me, it wouldn't even occur to me that you were just being nice, i would just automatically presume that she was into me (wishful thinking).

0|0
    0|0
  • It basically doesn't happen in real life. Occasionally online and it always makes me feel good.

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh sorry to hear if I ever see you in the street I'll wolf whistle
      Pinky promise 😂

• Never put much emphasis on vocal compliments - Much more aware of how someone interacts with me on a connection ( socially as well as attractively ) basis.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wise answer but I bet is still nice to get a compliment every once in a while

• Show All
    • Thank you made me smile - Have a good life

• Likewise. 😊

• This may sound depressing but I don't think I've ever gotten a compliment before. Except for maybe thank you when I hold open a door for someone or something. Sorry for being depressing :(

0|0
    0|0
  • I've gotten enough in real life to say that I've gotten them, but girls typically only compliment their boyfriends. It's a sad fact of life :/

0|0
    0|0
  • I've only been complimented on my eyes, and that's when I'm with a group of friends. Never had a stranger woman come to me out of the blue, say 'hi' and have her give me any compliments.

0|0
    0|0
  • I rarely get genuine compliments from girls. I do get hit on a lot but it's not the same I guess

0|0
    0|0
  • If he is hot they do it as much as guys do it to girls

0|0
    0|0
  • It happens occasionally, mostly by older women.

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh so the cougars like you 😂

• Show All
    • You're a nice girl

• I'm not that nice but I try

What Girls Said 6

• it depends on the guy. I'm single atm, but when I'm dating I tend to comment on how much I like whatever it is about their looks every so often. and yes, I like to mention it when I like how they're dressed, with guy friends too. on the street, never. if I'm at a get together with mutual friends of a guy I just met and he makes me feel comfy, I may compliment on something I like.

1|0
    0|0
  • I never compliment anyone in real life because I'm to shy

1|0
    0|0
  • I try not to compliment guys because they usually end up thinking I'm attracted to them. If I like the guy most likely I can barely even talk to them.

1|1
    0|2
  • I'll compliment a guy if I know him well enough. Whenever I try to compliment guys I don't know too well they give me this weird look. I guess I'm just an awkward person.

0|0
    0|1
  • I compliment my guy multiple times a day!

1|3
    0|0
  • Not very often, somewhat often.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes