Why do a lot of guys get all silent and grossed out when the topic of a females period is spoken about?

Its a fact of life, we can't help it.
  • yuck
    Vote A
  • its life
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You are young... Some guys only learned about it a few years ago for you and likely have no experience with it. It is gross for many men as there is absolutely no equivalent for us, so it is a totally foreign concept. Give it some time, usually after 18, once guys have had some relationships and have had to deal with it a bit more they don't care. I learned a lot while living with an ex, now I am a pro at helping girls with it and just living with it.

Jsut give them some time, you are still very young for guys to even be close to acting mature, hell I know some guys my age who still don't handle it so well...

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• in reality many react like that... but HERE lol... is a different story.

i remember to kana recently telling me he felt like a school boy in someone else's period question thread lmao. he was learning so much hahaha so i find that kind of reaction pretty funny. cuz u can tell that they WANT to know stuff, but are unsure of how to freely express themselves in reality.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• A lot of guys don't understand enough about the monthly monster to feel comfortable talking about it. It's not within our comfort area so we try to avoid it or limit our interaction is discussing the subject.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't because it's natural anyway right? ^^. Hell of anything I laugh at y'all when y'all tell y'all horror stories amongst each others LOLOL

1|0
    0|0
  • I come from a family of women so im used of it already I don't know about the other guys here

1|0
    0|0
  • Menstruation itself isn't what grosses me out.

Here's an anecdote which will give you an idea of where my mind goes when I hear about it:
    When I was about 18 years old I started working at a truck stop. This particular gas station had a janitor/light maintenance/propane dispenser operator position. Before I started, they went two weeks without someone to fill the position, so the attendants shared the chore of cleaning the bathrooms during that time. My first task was to go into the bathrooms and clean them. During that two weeks, apparently no one had thought to empty the feminine waste bins that hang on the wall beside the women's toilets. The scent that erupted upon being disturbed was so unbearable I vomited and I will never forget it.

While I realize that it is completely natural, so are the symptoms of genital herpes.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's so nice to speak about that I like to have discussion about periods while eating red tomato sauce. LOL What do you expect us to do?

0|0
    0|0
  • Go away in periods come when u r finished!!! G. g

0|0
    2|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes