Are criminals born that way, or develop over time?

It is an age old question.
How does a person become a criminal?
Why are so many men criminals?
Why are so many minorities criminals?
What are your thoughts?
  • Criminals are born that way.
  • Criminals become that way over time and circumstances.
  • Some people simply choose crime as a lifestyle
    Vote C
  • It's complicated. I'll explain below.
    Vote D
Prisons are desperate for medical personnel.
When I get me nursing degree, I just may apply.
I love your thoughtful comments.
I also know I have much more to learn
thank you.

917

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people choose to become criminals and others who are mentally ill and commit heinous acts without being the right state of mind, or get forcibly put into the unfortunate positions, are termed "criminals".

Society terms a person a "criminal" based on what it thinks is right or wrong. It's all just opinions under the cover of a law.

If there was a list that had all the criminals known to society, yes, it would most definitely have more men on the list then woman. It's not that men are more capable than woman, but I think it deals with intellect (which both men and women have) and physical strength to force one's self past boundaries to obtain what you want.

Every ethnic group has it's decent and indecent people in it. Anyone could be a "criminal". If you notice though, the minorities are almost always discriminated against. The education discrimination in San Francisco towards Latinos in the 19th century could be a prime example of discrimination. They were denied educational benefits and were subject to manual labor jobs, getting minimal to live off of. As a result for not being able to afford pleasures in life, they took them forcibly. Unfortunately, the brain heals slowly when compared to the body, and the feels of hate are only slowly lessening with every generation.

*NOT SAYING ANY SPECIFIC ETHNIC GROUP ARE MAINLY COMPRISED OF CRIMINALS*

ugh.. need to stop getting distracted from homework..

Most Helpful Girl

• No one is born a criminal. It's due to a person's upbringing, usually. In some cases some people aren't mentally stable and are influenced by tv and video games and just repeat what they see. (I'm not at all blaming tv and video games for the violent acts of kids that harm people and commit crimes. The parents are to blame for that because you can tell when a child is troubled mentally and they still choose to not restrict what they see or get them help).