What would stop you from asking her to be your girlfriend?

What are some reasons why a guy wouldn't ask you if you wanted to be his girlfriend?
With the guy i'm having a thing with I feel like he is a bit cautious with that. Whenever we kiss it's because he initiated it. And mostly he initiated hanging out too. would something like this scare him off when it comes to defining the relationship?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe the reason for this is happening it's because he's just a little shy when relationships grows from friendships to becoming a couple. Believe me when I say that everyone has their shy/nervous points on doing things that they are truly not ready for. If I was in that guy's shoes I would most definitely be too nervous myself. Because I don't have the heart to ask any girl to be my girlfriend, because it could sound a little awkward most times.

• Should I start taking the initiative more often as in kissing him and asking him to hang out more often?

• All of this is truly up to you & your boyfriend. But the main thing to do is for you first talk to him about things that he loves & what makes him feel more comfortable. Second, once he's calm & ready for adventure then that's the time when you will know when he's opened up & ready to do anything.

• To really answer your question I would say yes to the hanging out part. When he feels like he's ready to move up forward then he will let you know.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're already giving everything away. He has the perks of being your boyfriend (kissing, spending time with you) without actually have to be in a monogamous relationship with you.

• Kissing is giving everything now? Lol!

• well, i wouldn't sleep with him that way. I'd only sleep with him if he was my boyfriend.

• That's the answer I was hoping for from you. I see nothing wrong with spending time with the guy, how else would you get to know him, but don't be there for his every beckoning call without some type of commitment from him. I've heard about a lot of chicks falling for a guy, even sleeping with him, & then he just disappears on them with the audacity to insist they were never in a relationship. So be careful with that, have fun, get to know him, but be sure before you go any further.