How would u feel if ur boyfriend or girlfriend told u this?

So my boyfriend told me "I went hitch hiking with some lover and we were being naughty" I was so fucking pissed off because i don't even want to know this, so why did he tell me that? I acted so cool though, I'm 17 he's 21.
He said, once it happened when he was 14 i was so jealous as fuck like why would he tell me something like that?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't be so quick to judge on age difference; I'm staying anonymous to save being judged by people like the other anonymous poster and this is more directed to him, but I'm a 22 year old that is all-but dating a 17 year old. Want to wait a while to make sure we're sure; by the time we're together I'll be 23 and she'll be 18 (I turn 23 first though).

Sure; we're in different life stages. I can run rings around her at the present, just as I can run rings around myself at that age. But I can also offer advice, give her my experience to help her with any struggles, support her if she needs it, and I absolutely adore her and vice versa. There will be cases where an older guy is trying to take advantage of his younger counterpart, but that by no means says that it is the same for all. Some people think longer term, and that's where compatibility really matters. If it works out - are you going to care in 2, 3, 5, 10 years time? No.

It sounds to me however that this guy is a little immature. Getting jealous because you like an accent yet saying things like that that clearly bother you? Not cool.

My advice; tell him you aren't happy with him telling you things like that. Make it clear you don't want to know; his past is his past, you don't care for his past exploits no matter what they are; all that matters is the here and now for you.

Suggesting getting married to you while you're only 18 though, too? Be careful, please.

Most Helpful Girl

• Clarify please. Did he do this while you were dating?

• Well he says he wants to get married to me as soon as I'm 18, but then we were just talking and he told me "Once i went hitchhiking with a lover and we were being naughty" he probably meant sex. And i didn't know how to react to that becuz when i tell him some guy asked me out at school he gets really pissed out, or if i tell him something like "I like British accents they're so nice" and he gets jealous so I don't know why he says, "I always think be4 i say something so it doesn't hurt u" was he trying to make me jealous? Should someone be saying something like that when they're in a relationship?

• Yeahhh. Not many can resist us brits ;)

• He did have relationships before you. They are apart of what makes him who he is. If you can't handle him talking about it, be upfront and tell him that. Really think about why that makes you jealous. He is with you now and he loves you. Does the fact that he did this with another woman really affect you in any way? No. If you two are planning on marriage you should really discuss what you expect out of the relationship and what you want from the other person. If he isn't able to handle you talking about a man with an accent without getting jealous how will he handle any interaction you have with another man?