Does he mean what he says?

Okay so this guy and I had been talking for a little over a month. Things we're going well and he seemed really into me. He always said he liked me, wanted to date me, and a lot of other really sweet things. (I wanted to wait a little bit before we started dating) Anyway, this Friday we hung out and everything seemed fine but he basically ignored me Saturday and most of Sunday until he texted me "sorry for ingnoring you but I've been thinking. I think it's best if we put this off till summer. I have to focus on college right now to get into this program." So we talked it out and he kept repeating that he really liked me but needs to focus on school. At one point I said "I'm sorry to see this end" and he replied that "it wasn't ending it was just being put off". But why would he do this right now when spring break just started? Also, we haven't talked since Sunday. How can you just stop talking to someone you talked to everyday for pretty much a month. Anyway, what do you think? Thanks for reading!

30

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like he is politely backing away. We may never know why, but some things guys say just scream "excuse.". I know it sucks and it hurts, but take him at his word and move on. He may come back around, but don't waste one precious moment waiting for him.