Why would someone, ex, or a crush want to keep having sex even tho it's not healthy and they know it?

So this guy I use to date. Him and I have been on and off for three year's and a sexual relationship with one another to many time's. I had asked him back in the middle of 2014 would we every stop having sex or does he want this to stop. He answer no, I asked why? He said well because why would we, I said huh? He said because I like it and he likes it to. But I responded back and said ok.. but don't you think what we're doing is going die out or get old pretty soon? He replys back and said Uh No, and told me the only way that him and I would stop hooking up. If I ended up getting a bf or him dating someone.
+1 y
I totally understand he and I both liked it, and that he loved getting free pu$$y. But at the same time it was doing nothing for both of us he was getting emotional attach and so was I to him. Then when we didn't have sex he was coming onto me way to strong or didn't know how to talk to me. Or always wanted sex or either when he meets a girl he stop but if thing's didn't work with then he would come back. So how's is it any good that he wanted to keep doing what we did. We don't have sex anymore
2
0