Why would he do that? Just someone to be there for him?

Was with boyfriend 10 years ago. We broke up went our separate ways and had other relationships etc. he was in the airforce and came back a year ago. Through that time we were apart we always still talked. August we started dating again. He broke up with me in April saying he needed his life in order. He doesn't have a job yet and has issues from the war. For some reason we always find our way back to each other. I feel like he's my person but I don't know. Anyway after he told me he needed time i guess i pushed him further away from anything. We have been through quite a lot together. Recently before this happened i was pregnant but due to complications I am no longer. He got a new girlfriend just recently, which i think is just someone there. I know its totally wrong but we have had sex 2x already and they have only been together since may 13th. Today when i asked where she was today he said I don't know and he didn't care. It really doesn't seem that he's interested in anything about her, but i could be wrong. I know it is wrong for him and me to cheat on her and i feel horrible. What could ever be going through his head and why would he be with her if me and him are still doing this? Should i ask him next time whats going on? He also started deleting pictures off instagram of his other ex before me and a pic of us. Could she have asked him to? Could he just be seeing whats out there? I have always been there for him and know all of his different sides. I dont think anyone really can put up with his issues, but im used to them. What is going on?
Why would he do that? Just someone to be there for him?
Add Opinion