Guys, He broke it off with his ex and I still care?

Okay so here's the details... Well this guy I liked something happened between us (nothing big) and he compulsively went back to his ex he was talking to. Me and him were NEVER together we were just "seeing" each other and sometimes doing sexual stuff but I had feelings for him and whenever I asked if he could come over usually he would dress up and come visit me and hang out. Anyways... he messaged me back saying "If it makes you feel any better me and my ex broke up" I think he meant it like "If you find any happiness in my misery I broke it off with my ex." He broke it off with her again because she was just bad news. So we got to talking and I got some of the details and I asked if he ever thought about me while they were together for those 3-4 days. And he said in the back of his mind he did keep thinking about me and he said it was his conscious and he felt sorta bad and then I also said "Are you a little interested in me?" And he said "I think I am which is why I thought of you." I mean the whole situation probably looks bad but I'm giving him another chance because people make mistakes. I can't always give him chances but I'm giving him another chance because I care about him. What do you guys think? I knew when we were seeing each other that he highly thought of his ex he kind of put her on a pedastool cause of his previous love for her... And it would hurt me but I guess he tried rekindling it and it blew up in his face and I figured it wouldn't last because most things don't work out if they didn't work out the first time.. but I'm wondering everyone's thoughts on this. I think he might care about me at least a teensy bit or I at least hope he would and I just hope he regrets his dumb decisions. What do you guys think?
Guys, He broke it off with his ex and I still care?
Add Opinion