This guy confuses me completely. I don't understand him at all and would love is someone could somehow explain his actions?

I met him on a summer travel program throu my school. We clicked immidiately&got closer as the trip went on. He teased&complimented me all the time. I thought of him as just a friend, yet kept the posibility of being more. I just loved talking2/hanging out w. him.
The trip ended but we both extended our stay in the country, along with other friends.1of his friends told me he"really wanted2hook up with me, but didn't know how I felt about him&if I thought of him as just a friend, but always talked about how pretty I was"I thought that was so cute&took it as the push so the next day we made out for the1st time, which became2more times (both drunk&sober) before we went home. I started2develop feelings for him&thought he might have liked me2.
However after we went home he started work at a sleepaway camp&was rarely on his phone. For the rest on the summer we didn't talk, besides a few snapchats which I wasn't happy about. However, I thought things might resume once we got back to school because wed be in the same place. Instead I found out (not from him, he's never mentioned her2me) that he started dating a girl from work, even though she didn't even live in this country. I was sad that he chose a girl who he couldnt even b with over me, and also confused because I know that relationship couldnt last. However, he was such a good friend that even if there's no chance of us being together (at least until they break up) I wanted2go back2the friendship we had before we started hooking up. But instead he's a different person. We still consider eachother friends, but he's a pretty awful friend¬ just to me but to our mutual friend from the trip. Before he made it clear he liked having us as friends&enjoyed hanging out with. Now he's impossible to make plans with, doesn't answer txts, always cancels&when we hang out he barley talks to us. Im just waiting for him to get back to the person he was while on the trip, but I dont see it happening.<br
1
1