Is my friends with benefits who is a good friend trying to make me jealous?

So I have been having a friends with benefits relationship with my best guy friend. We click really well and always have fun together. Lately his behavior has become a little strange. He keeps mentioning these girls he likes and one he has been going out with and it's constantly when I'm around him its not just "oh i went out with this girl" its intense detail about the things they did. I can't really tell him but I'm really jealous. Anyways 3 weeks ago we were laying in bed when he asked about a relationship. I told him I never really thought about it only due to not knowing where he was coming from. Yesterday I was at his house when we were washing dishes and he sprays me with his sprayer. I was soaking wet and soo mad. He looked at me with a smirk on his face and said in a questioning tone "I love you?" I looked at him really weird and didn't say anything back. Later on that night he asked me to stay the night I said yes but then he got a weird snap chat message and he got all quiet and wouldn't talk. He then asked if I could NOT spend the night I asked what was going on and he wouldn't tell me. I kept pushing for an answer and he looked at me but covered his mouth and said "I got another girl pregnant" I looked at him in disbelief and said "shut up I don't believe you" He was still looking at me and he said "seriously" I got up and left without a word I was crying so hard in the car I couldn't drive he came out and said "I was kidding. I really didn't get a girl pregnant." I don't know if he wanted to see my reaction or what. Why is he doing all this? Is he trying to make me jealous and does he love me?
1
1