I feel like I'm going to lose him as the only way we communicate is text. How do I not?

Anonymous
I sent him a message this morning saying "can't wait to see you next week. miss you x"
He sent a whole bunch of emojis back & the sent through a question to start a conversation. We ended up messaging for a hr or so.
It just confuses me because he will happily keep a conversation flowing, send a whole bunch of emojis, talk about sex & talk to me everynight until bed.
I've asked if i'm just sex & he said no that he cares about me & wants to make me happy too

We were texting when he was at work but I know he had a break between 3 & 6 but he never messaged me. Sometimes he won't even talk to me until bedtime even though he says he was bored during the day. Actually recently it's been me texting during the day & him at night, in the day he will only start a conversation for an actual purose e. g. to organise my visit next week

But i still feel like i'm going to lose him since all we do is text?
2
2