Why can't my boyfriend of almost 4 years say anything kimd or sweet to me?

About 2 to 3 years ago, I raised the issue that I didn't feel like he showed me he loved me anymore. We were living together for the past year but I am back with my parents now. He once said he would try to be a little more caring and that I deserved it but that one time seems to escape him and he just point blank refuses to show me any kind of care, just "I love you TOO" as in its a rarity that hits me when he says it first.. If I say I miss him, hell say I know.. If I try to get any kind of care or affection from him, he gets angry with me Recently we have been so happy in general and tonight I had a rough time at work, since I can't see him till next week I asked if he could say something sweet to cheer me up and instead of just saying something nice (like what I'm quite sure normal people do) he snapped at me "I don't know k*****, stop asking me for it, it'll happen when it happens just stop" ... Except it won't ever happen cause he said that years ago and nothing ever changed.. I love him very much, and I know he loves me.. But why does he hate the idea of saying anything kind or complementary? Ps I have talked about it but all he said was not to pester him about it.. I feel like the love between us is disappearing and it scares me
1
1