I feel like this is very strange?

In high school I had this guy who was a best friend and I fell in love with him but he said he didn't feel the same way although his actions were different. He was like obsessed with me and if a guy was bothering me he'd tell him off. I didn't understand and it really hurt me like I wanted to be with him so badly and love him. Around the time he found out I had feelings for him one day he just stopped talking to me and it upset me horribly so I stopped talking to him and I got really depressed like any time I saw him walking toward me I'd put my head down and walk faster to get past him. I was sad and waited for him for 10 years, even though he said he didn't have feelings for me he was all I wanted and I felt if I had got with another guy I'd lose my chance to be with the one I loved. At those 10 years I finally was able to sorta move on, I still think about him from time to time but I'm with a great guy I love so he has now missed out on me. This is where it gets weird. A while back he deleted me from friends on Facebook and a few months back I looked him up and saw he was dating a girl and this girl looked a lot like me, same color hair, eyes, long hair like me, both have our nose pierced etc. Lately I've looked him up again, I only do so because sometimes he lives in the same city I do so I wanna know my chances of seeing him out and about. He's now single again and I just got online and he has sent me a friend request. Does anyone else think it's weird he deleted me while he was dating someone who looks like me then after he's single has sent me a request to be friends?
I feel like this is very strange?
Add Opinion