Why did he sit right next to me?

So my teacher told the class to sit in the front of the room instead of at the computers and I sat with my friend and there was an empty chair to the right of me. All of a sudden, this guy (who I find very attractive) sat right next to me, regardless of all the empty chairs around us. Regardless of his friends sitting somewhere else. However, he didn't say one word to me. But in the corner of my eye, I could see him looking at me and my paper (we were voting for our top 5 favorite ads that us students made). There was even a point where I turned my head slightly to the left and when I turned it slowly to the right, he quickly turned his head to the right. So what could this all possibly mean? Any guesses/opinions? I'm very curious. He has a girlfriend from what I saw (I think though, I don't know if they're still together) but most people I've asked say he might be attracted to me or that he might want to be my friend. I want to be his friend and initiate a convo but I'm way too shy and awkward, I wouldn't know what to say or anything. Any advice? Thanks!
Why did he sit right next to me?
Add Opinion