Why do I want to be a dad so bad?

aficionado
Before you think I'm weird or crazy, just hear me out please.

Since the past month or so, I always feel this urge to be a dad and have my own kids. I'm not really at a stage of my life right now to be able to raise kids, and I am not even in a relationship or married (have been single for over 4 years). Sometimes I feel like I should adopt a kid and become a single father (although I understand that it's really tough for single men to legally adopt).

I have always had a way with kids. I just adore them, because they're so cute and innocent. Also, babies usually stop crying whenever I hold or hug them.

Is this just a passing phase, or am I losing it? I really have a lot of career goals I need to focus on, and I wouldn’t want this matter to turn into some kind of obsession.

+1 y
It's not just recently, I have had this urge before. But it was never this strong, or lasted this long earlier.
Why do I want to be a dad so bad?
5
5