Why was he so quick with finding someone else?

We dated for a half year so it's not like he didn't feel anything at all. I even felt as if he was in it more than I was definitely. I'm not gonna go into detail but I made us drift apart when it came down to what we are, we didn't communicate about. We both made assumptions about it all and I'm thinking it's gonna work out sooner or later, we were still in touch but not as much as we used to be. A few weeks later he got in touch with someone else (found out about it recently) that he started seeing behind my back, he was still texting me every now and then as if he didn't let go when any guy would have. While seeing this girl he even tried to hook up with me a couple of times.. What I just don't understand is why he was so quick with finding someone else whatever their relation towards each other are, he could've communicated with me or at least make sure once for all what "we" are. I sort of ended it and a week later he checks up on me. Note that I sort of did. The fact that he's been seeing someone else definitely ruined it all.
Why was he so quick with finding someone else?
Add Opinion