What does this mean? Should I go for it and text him first or should I go with my pride?

Okay , so me and this guy definitely have history , never went out but have history but we stopped talking to each other since June or July , now it's been about 5 or 6 months. In between those months of not talking , he got a girlfriend but is cheating on her with a girl I know from Highschool , he cheats on every girlfriend he ever had by the way. Long story short , something is pushing me to talk to him but my pride is saying no. He thinks I'm crazy and delusional knowing that he hurt me. When told him he hurt me , he said "you were never my girlfriend , so how can I hurt you" but I want to clear things up with him because I do miss his dumbass. But then again I'm not going to because I remember what did and said to me. But then I have these dreams about me and him being cool and friends again , then there's dream of me beating his ass lol and dreams of me having sex with him. And on top of that he watched my snapchat story just that once. Someone I know pranked him and he says "you still delusional" obviously it's either he thinks its me and wants it to be me so bad because he misses me. My friend told me to talk to him but I know she said that only because I talk about him too much. What I wanna know is , what does it all mean, why am I having these kinda dreams about someone who I don't talk to anymore? And does he miss me because he thinks I pranked him and watched my snapchat? HELP ME OUT!
1
1