Do some guys isolate themselves when they are having a hard time, even from their good friends? What should a friend do?

I have a close friend who is going through a stressful time. Usually he's really good at responding to my messages, but lately he hasn't responded and I think he's isolating because he's stressed out. I assume, that if I am a close friend then he would always want to talk, but that's just how I and most of my girl friends behave. We reach out to talk when things are hard. So I'm not sure if this is more common for guys, to want to isolate. Anyway, I just told him, that I don't want to keep bothering him if he's busy (I've texted him twice in 3 days and he never responded), but that I'm always there if he needs to talk and I just left it at that. Did I handle this correctly?
2
0