Ex blocked me from Facebook but not his phone?

He knew I was upset at him for taking me for granted, and I wasn't going to take his bullshit anymore. He deleted me from Facebook, then a few days later, he requested me again, which confused me so I deleted his request. He sent me a text asking me if I wanted him to call me so we can talk. I told him it shouldn't be up to me if he had something to say. He called me then proceeded to unload harsh words, calling me insane. It went back and forth, with me defending myself and confused as to why he even bothered to call if that's what his intentions were, to hurt me. He ended up hanging up on me, which he told me never to do to him. I then noticed he blocked me from Facebook. I called his phone to see if had blocked me from calls and he hasn't.
Is this a manipulative move? It seems he's playing games and it's upsetting. I know I shouldn't let him get to me, but I'm human, and it does. I just don't understand why someone would act this way. What is he gaining?
1
1