Guys, If you generally text him once a day, but you decide to go a few days without texting him, just to see if he'll initiate, will he notice?

I know that what I'm doing is a "game". I don't like doing this, but I feel like I'm the only one making an effort, and it would be nice to feel like I'm important/on his mind. I plan date ideas and often initiate them; and I text him pretty much once or twice a day, nothing too extravagant. He responds to all my texts, and when I mention date ideas he seems interested.

BUT, we had the relationship talk a little over 2 months ago, and we decided to slow things down (primarily his choice). Now everything has slowed WAY down. I can text him something emotional/cutesy/relationship type stuff, and I get no response. It's like he has put up this emotional barrier to pull things back and slow things down. And I feel like I'm not much of a priority to him (we see each other maybe once a week. Since this past month, he has a small break, but I still work Monday to Friday. He knows that I'm free on the weekends, but this weekend when I brought up a date idea one day, the next day he had already made plans.)
1