He texted back! What would your response be?

So the backround story is This guy I have known for 4 years named Ryan and I were talking and hanging out, cuddling at night, etc. Before I went to Chicago, I asked him if he wanted to go to the TSO concert because I had an extra ticket. Well I went to Chicago with my family for 5 days and when I got back home, I texted him (we didn't text at all while I was in Chicago) and then I texted him a week later and asked him what was up and still no response...

Then earlier today, he texted me and he said the reason why he didn't text me back is because he has a problem with shutting down and shutting himself "off" from the world, yet I am friends with him on FB and he was talking to all of his friends via fb. I have yet to respond to his text message explaining why he didn't text me back for almost 3 1/2 weeks.

This is what the text says word for word. "No its me I'm sorry. I just got hit with stress, axiety, depression and i have a bad habit of just shutting down and shutting myself in and not talking to anyone, Im sorry for just not talking to you and letting you know whats up"

Would you respond or would you just ignore it? If so, what would you say? Would you wait for some more effort then just a sorry in a text?
1
1