What did I do wrong to make him stop liking me?

I'm really confused because there is this guy I like that was hangin' our with this weekend and I kinda thought that he liked me. I knew he did at one point because when we met about a year back he like gave me his # and stuff and he acted nervous around me but he honestly was kind of a noob and he talked to me through his friends and stuff but he's changed a lot and he's gotten way more confident and now I really like him. We have a lot in common and I really love spendin time with him and things were going really well until one of my friends shows up and I find out that they seem to like each other and I'm like really annoyed because I just can never seem to win :( can someone please help me out? I invited him and his friend over to watch movies with me sometime and he seemed pretty excited about it. Also does it mean anything if he like voluntarily/unvolunarliy touches me (i. e. knee touching or like his knee touching my foot) and he keeps it there for quite a while but then moves just a bit away? Thank you!
What did I do wrong to make him stop liking me?
Add Opinion