How long did it take you to get over your first love? What did you do to get over him/her?

My ex and I broke up after a 6month relationship. He was my first boyfriend, first kiss, etc and the breakup was really confusing. He didn't want to talk over things even though we had never argued the entire time. We see each other at a minimum 2 times a week since were in the same college org. So, it's really hard, especially since he sends mixed messages of either being close to me or completely ignoring me.

It's been 3 months since our breakup. I won't see him for a month and a half due to winter break. But, I can't help but think about Valentine's Day coming up. We started liking eachother starting on that day because we slow danced eachother at a party on that day and I have this dim hope that he would be reminded of that day and come back to me. Feb 14th would be 5 months since our break up- almost as long as the time we were together and I can't help but think how long is too long to still be in love with your ex? Also, do you think he would be over me faster because he won't see me? It's just so hard and I don't know how to get over him.
1
2