What does it mean when a guy pats my head while you were sleeping?

So this guy, who goes way back, I 've known him for about 2-3 years now and he's a year older than me. So a brief background, is that I used to like him and he liked me before too, but apparently he like this girl more and went out with her for about 2 years, their relationship was an on/off, and when they started going out we just stopped talking to her. Now they cut the ties and doesn't talk to each other anymore. We started talking these day, and today we went down to visit a college he's going to, which is the college i was planning to go to also. The drive to the college was an hour and a half, we rode in his car. So on the way there, I fell asleep, then all of a sudden he patted my head/brushed my head and said "aweeeee so cuteee! (like a dog)" he said something like that. The whole day he kept teasing me about my height and everything, calling me "little *my name*" and everything. We talked casually about everything from relationship to everything during the whole car ride.

He said that every guy i would date he wants to meet them, and let me know if they're good for me..

I guess these shows that he has this "affection" for me, which i guess can be mistaken as flirty.

He made a comment about being a potential "sister" also

BUT although he said that, can there still be some lingering feelings? or is there a chance he might see me in as a potential partner? or was he flirting with me?
1
1