Is he just being a competitive guy who wants me because I'm unapproachable now?

I'm unsure of what my one guy friend wants. He was the first one to approach me at a group I was going to for the first time. We talked a lot and exchanged Facebook and talked on there, but never IMing or anything, just email. He was really flirty seeming and I was told he was flirty too. Then we went on a "date" I don't even think it counted as one, we just hung out...it wasn't date like at all. Anyway, we didn't talk a lot after that, I thought I had freaked him out or something, so I kind of was ready to give up. But, then one day he was online and wrote to me first on instant messanger. We talked a LOT and then more the next day and then we started talking dirty and then we got to a point we couldn't talk normal...neither of us felt right about it due to religious reason. Then we had a bit of a fight because I round about asked if he liked me and he said everything about me BUT one thing was someone he could date, but that plus he was hurt over an ex were reasons it couldn't be "Anything serious" (coming from a guy who is into long term and nothing not possible marriage...and who has had a LOT of girl heartbreak) and I told him that was fine (I really was fine...more than I thought I would be actually) but I suggested being careful acting flirty because other girls might not be so okay..and he was flirty. He got really defensive about being called flirty (not being told to be careful flirting...but actually being CALLED that) and when I mentioned our "date" he said I didn't do ANY of the I like you like you signs when we hung out and then he said it wasn't even a date...I was so confused by that and he wouldn't talk to me for a while..I apologized for upsetting him and wanted to know we were okay. He said we were and then we talked a lot less but were decent to each other...then he started Iming me again...starting out dirty then feeling bad and ending the conversation. Then I started dating someone and he has not stopped IMing me and then being like ahhh I can't talk normal to you...when he first told me that he couldn't talk normal to me, I told him then maybe we can't talk and he was like well this is not good for us or something and I was like come on all we were were just talking dirty to each other that's all you wanted with me...this guys wants more, I am totally cool with you not wanting more and I hope we are good as friends...but we can't talk like that...he said he understood but then kept asking me what I mean by ANYthing I would say that wasn't clear and obvious and couldn't speak without complimenting me or flirting, then would say I can't do this normal talk thing and leave...but make sure to say goodnight and waited for a response...I DO NOT GET THIS! HELP! Should I back away so nothing happens while I'm dating someone or is he just being a competitive guy who wants me because I'm unapproachable now?
2
0