She doesn't contact anymore so I'm sad?

I knew this girl for a few months from school. I don't know if I liked her that way, but she was attractive and I was and am a lonely person with not many friends, and I had little experience with girls, and she and I texted nearly everyday, so eventually I asked her to hang out with me. This went on for the rest of the semester; we'd text pretty much every day or every other day, we'd hang out, talk in school. For the first time in the longest time, I was excited to wake up in the morning. All the time, though, I wasn't sure if she was someone I liked romantically. For one, she was a very social person, almost the antithesis of me--she liked to party, she had a lot of friends, she went drinking on weekends--and I guess that kind of didn't attract me, but at the same time it did (maybe I was trying to prove to myself that I can get someone like her?). On the last day of school, I decided to ask her to hang out again over break since I figured I had nothing to lose and I really didn't care if she said yes or no because I was pretty certain then that she wasn't the girl for me, even though she gave me a lot of companionship I lacked in my life. She said yes, but she ended up canceling on me.

I thought it was pretty much over, but she still texted me. So eventually I asked her again but then she played this weird game that I never saw before: She didn't give me an answer when I asked her (so I assumed she was just being nice and letting me down) but then a couple days later she asked me when I wanted to hang out. But she said she was busy whenever I was free and never told me when she was free. At that point, I realized this was going too far so I basically told her to call me when she was free and wanted to hang out (not that I expected her to). A huge burden lifted from my shoulders.

But it's more than two months later now and I have never heard from her. I'm not sitting her entertaining any delusions she'll randomly call me and want to hang, but I miss her. I wish she'd say something to me. I'm not sure if I liked her that way, but it certainly feels like I lost something. But it seems plain that she doesn't think she lost anything by letting me and I think she's wrong, but there's nothing I can do. When I look at my phone, I see if she contacted me--I can't help it. Does this fade away with time? What else can I do besides keeping busy, which is what I'm doing?
She doesn't contact anymore so I'm sad?
1
1