Why am I starring in the "great guy, but..." show?

jam76t
Hello,

Last month I joined a dating site and haven't had much trouble getting dates, but I've noticed a trend. I'll make it to date 2 or 3 with a woman and like clockwork, I end up with an e-mail/text saying 'you're such a great guy, you've got 9 out of 10 things I want in a man but there's just no chemistry.'

I'm trying to chalk this all up to face value: there really ISN'T chemistry, but after 5 women in a row tell me the same thing, almost verbatim, kinda makes me wonder.

I do the standards: making her laugh, opening doors, creative/fun dates, really listening to her and bringing up conversation topics in later dates, calling when I say I'll call but not bugging her or talking he ear off (i.e. 15 min or less), being confident enough to make moves when I see the openings, not shying away from eye contact, but above all, being myself on the date without kissing butt.

No where near at my wit's end with this. Just wondering if I really am bumping into everyone I have no chemistry with or if it's something I'm doing.

Advice/comments really appreciated. Thanks!
Why am I starring in the "great guy, but..." show?
Add Opinion