Weird date, need an explanation. The Giggling Kisser -what the hell is his problem?

I had dinner with a guy that I met on Match (he's 40 FYI). He told me he had just broken up with his girlfriend only 2 weeks before (red flag) . The night went well but he was nervous and trying to impress me. After dinner we went to get ice cream for dessert and then he drove me to my car. We both said we had a good time and then he went in to kiss me very awkwardly. It was a good kiss and I caught him moaning a few times, but he kept pulling away and giggling! Like a kid! Like 3 or 4 times. I asked him what was wrong and he said "Nothing I'm just being wacky". Then he asked me if I thought he was a good kisser! I said yes and he said "Really, you think?". It happened a few more times and then I stopped. I said "I've never had someone laugh before when I kissed them". He just smiled like an idiot and said "Sorry I'm just being silly". So I left and he texted me 2 minutes later saying sorry he was weird. Then he proceeded to tell me that I'm awesome but I'm his first date since his ex and it was "different". He kind of misses her but they can't be together for a number of reasons and that he's being totally honest. I just said thanks for the explanation and I understand if he didn't want to continue seeing each other. The next day he texted "Good morning, enjoy the weekend". Very bizarre. I felt like I was with a teenage boy. Thoughts?
1
1