What Is Wrong With This Guy (and did I cause it)?

I go to college with this guy and lately, I'm just so confused by his actions (or lack thereof). When I first transferred to my current university, he was one of the first people I met and he seemed to single me out to talk to: he was gorgeous, polite, and just overall seemed like a good guy. Yeah, I was interested at the time-I mean, I couldn't believe someone that good-looking would even remember my name. I passed it off as him being friendly to the new girl, I didn't want to read too much into it. A few months passed and I didn't see him. Come to find out, we actually live in the same apartment building! We ran into each other a couple of times and started talking again.. He was his usual friendly self. I stayed this summer to take classes and we have a class together. From the beginning, he chose to sit with me, but that's when things took a bit of a nosedive. Maybe it's seeing each other almost every day, but he suddenly turned a bit distant and closed off. He still always chooses to sit with me, but he almost never initiates a conversation. I don't mind being the initiator, but it takes two to have a conversation, and he doesn't do anything to further it. Still, he is always super nice when I do say something and does respond. He smiles at me a lot if our eyes happen to meet. He's recently started stretching his legs out in class so that they almost touch my chair and occasionally, he'll invade my space a bit. Still, sometimes he completely ignores me, but doesn't seem to like it when I talk to other guys. I really don't get this hot and cold attitude. Am I dealing with a player? I admit, I haven't really given him anything to indicate that I like him as more than a friend, but I honestly don't feel that I know him that well, and he isn't making it easy to want to open up. I don't know if I even should. I used to feel comfortable around him, but since his shift in attitude, it's making me feel more nervous around him. Does he even like me at all?
What Is Wrong With This Guy (and did I cause it)?
Add Opinion