He has a girlfriend, but won't leave me alone?

My ex boyfriend and I have had a very bumpy ride from when we first started dating to now. We dated two different times and I broke up with him both times as I realised that even though I did really like him as a person, we weren't really suited to be in a relationship together. Around 6 months after we broke up the second time he started seeing this other girl and by that time we were finishing school so I wasn't going to see him very often anyway. But we share the same group of friends so at every party or social event that we're both invited to he makes a point of coming up to me, hugging me and telling me he misses me and misses 'us'. Every time I remind him of his relationship status and how I don't want to be with him in that way, but he still does it and last time he even gave me his new number and told me to call him. He's still in a relationship with this other girl and I am not the type of person to go behind another girls back, so I haven't reached out to him in any way.

Why is he doing this to me all the time? I just wish he'd get over it and move on like I have, but how do I get the message across to him that I don't want to be anything more than friends? and that it's making me feel uncomfortable?
1
1