Guys, Bad break up!! Will we ever get back together?

My boyfriend wasn't to serious when we first got involved.. that explained a little cheating. We lived together for 2yrs.. When he get mad he'd leave but come bck days later. We grew to love each other and he admitted im the only girl he grew to love so much. Now im a highly sensitive person so it was hard on him at times but i always wanted whats best for us... we even talked about having kids together and moving into a bigger house. Long story short.. we got into a headed fight one night. He packed and left with his friends. He is the type that feels empowered if a woman shows him a lot of attention because he loves me to chase him when he leave and get mad if i dont, figuring i dont care when i do. So we broke up and immediately he get on date chat apps, not asking for a commitment, just sleep around. I can't figure out if he still want me to show signs i still care and want him back or if its really over this time cause he was pretty angry and sending nasty text to me the last time i heard of him. And this happen 3 days ago.
Should i just give him his space since he seems to be enjoying himself or is it a test to see will i contact him to let him know how much i care?
2