My partner is having a midlife crisis and wants a break up. there is still love. should I just move out and give him his time (no judgement) instead?

My part is about to turn 25, we've been together for 10 years. suddenly he tells me he wants a divorce because he doesn't know who he is or what he wants and where he is going. He insists that he still loves me but he needs to figure this out on his own (i agree) So i am moving out and he wants to break up. he told me to still keep in touch and whatever (i moved to his country to be with him) so he's offered to cover all of my expenses until i get up on my feet and can do my own stuff. i obviously dont want that but okay.
would it be okay If I told him he can live alone and figure his life out (no stress of taking care of me) and he can do whatever he wants until he figures out his life. no judgement, no opinions, no nothing. just him finding himself. do you think that would be a good idea?
It just seems a bit silly to be that there is still very strong love (we still live together and we have a fun time together) but that he'd think it a break up was necessary for him to find himself. id say a break (maybe 6 months to a year) would be enough. thoughts?
+1 y
whoops! i mean a quarter life crisis* whoops! hahaha not midlife!
4
2