Should I give up on a guy who never initiates contact even though he always responds?

I met this guy online and have been on 3 dates with him so far. It sounds like I am the first girl he has met in person and he was quite slow at moving things forward e. g. asking me to hang out after weeks of talking whereas other guys would ask me out within a week. He never tried to touch me on any of the dates/flirt and I've always been the one to initiate contact after the dates as I wouldn't hear from him for a day/two afterwards. But whenever I message he always responds and he asks me a lot of questions and seems to try to keep the conversation going. When I suggest we meet up he has always been very keen and would make suggestions on what we could do and he would try set concrete date/time. He seems to want to prolong our hangout sessions and last date we talked for 5 hours non-stop (we have a lot in common) but he still didn't try to hug me at the end of it so I did it and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

It's been 3 days and haven't heard from him. Should I just not bother as I've been the one to initiate contact since the first date. If he's interested he would initiate contact right? We're both in our 30s
8
4