Guys how do you react when you see mean/ emotional texts from girls?

I know personally I've sent guys some overly emotional text messages or texts where I have cussed them out for doing something to hurt me ( And I definitely know I'm not the only girl that has done this) And usually the guy for the most part in the situation always seems to be more calm instead of angry. Guys how do you react when you see mean/ emotional texts from girls?

133

Most Helpful Guy

• My first thought is trying to figure out where I went wrong (if she didn't tell). If she told me what I did, then I would apologize and explain I wasn't trying to hurt her. Because I wouln't intentionally try to harm someone, especially if it's someone I care about.

What Guys Said 32

• Usually when I see texts like that, it's because I've hurt them because I didn't feel the same emotions she does. When I react, I stay calm, but that just gets them angrier.

• I would probably just ignore those kinds of messages. It doesn't serve any useful purpose to get in a pissing match with an overwrought, emotional girl.

• It depends on the girl and what they say. like if its somone who i don't really know well or who doesn't know me well then i dont get worked out about it. its like they dont know me like i know me so they can't understand where i stand on stuff.

If its a girl who i consider close it comes down to what they say. Like if its just typical stuff (im sure you have your patterns of what you say) or somthing that isn't that important, then agian its not worth blowing it out of proportion.

lastly, if its a close girl and she hits me with some real heavy stuff, like the kind of stuff you don't mess with and the kind of thing that a person in there possition would know is taboo... then that relationship is done to me.

• It ultimately depends on the girl, but I will either:

a. Ignore them and go about my day.
    b. Attempt to get them as calm as I am.
    c. Prod and torment them further for a good laugh, but eventually influence (or coerce) them in the right direction.

I usually pick that last one, because I get the most out of it.
    Is it cruel? Probably.
    But one of the main advantages of texting as opposed to in-person conversation is that you can hide any and all emotional weaknesses.
    In person, you might be crying your eyes out, but you can appear stone-cold in text.
    So, if someone ends up flaming me in a pathetic attempt to guilt-trip me or whatever in text, I typically have no reason to take them seriously, so I don't.

• If its mean, then i tend to have little respect. Say mean things to my face instead of a wussy text. Then we can talk about it like adults. If its emotional i try to be understanding and talk about it to brighten her up. Either way, it also really depends on the content of the text.

• If I know I fucked up I just tell her sorry and move on. But if I know I didn't do anything wrong I either ignore her or figure out what is wrong

• Nope... I just ignore, dry reply and keep it moving, no one has time to be angry...

• It's happened to me quite a few times.. Usually it makes me laugh and weirdly flattered..
    Because it is in those situations you realise she actually gives a fuck..
    Then you send it to your friends who laugh as well and then that's that..
    Most guys have developed a I don't care attitude to a girl cussing them for some reason..
    This one girl sent me voice notes saying outrageous things didn't piss me off once

• Usually calm about it, no amount of additional anger is going to make it better

• I've done the exact same thing very recently, actually. I've never had it done to me, but she responded by just ignoring me initially then yelling at me to stop messaging her.

• depends on how I'm feeling and how much I like you if I'm pissed or sad and i only kinda like you I'll insult you on something that I know will Sting a little Petty yeah but lol

• Usually I think, oh man its that time of the month. I have had a girl get really mad so what I did was mark my calendar and just say im not available... for the whole week

• I take it seriously and try to talk with her

• Time to ignore her, I have better shit to do than that.

• Common. Ussual. Nothing new

• lmao love u 2 baby

• I'll cuss her out

• I've never have received one.

• I point out that it text was too long and if wants me to read it renove the curse words and the name calling, and I might read it and treat her accordingly.

• Do you think that only girls block guys in social media?

• Tell her to text my when she's had a smoke and chilled the fuck out xD

• respond in a cold hearted manner

• I usually just stay calm and try to diffuse the situation

• I would just ignore it

• I love it n like to repli back wit love

• Dont care

• I like that girl lot

• reading it calmly and reply :)

• If it's my fault I'm very apologetic and am obviously upset with myself that I caused harm. I usually apologise and then give her space to process, followed by an attempt to make up for it. I sent flowers last time 😂

• I just stop talking to her and not be friends anymore.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 1

• I was a guys my reaction would be this: Shit, I'm gonna have to by this girl so food so she'll come the hell down.

• buy* some* calm*.

• @TheUglyMonk I didn't say or think you were attacking me or calling me stupid lol I was just saying cause I see people do it all the when someone spells something incorrectly cause it's a way of making them feel higher than that person.

• Oh, I apologise for jumping to that assumption.