A guy told he likes me but he wants to know everything that's happening in my life but he does not share anything happening in his life. Why?

1118

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. He will not open up unless you do
    2. It takes time for him to fully trust you and tell you everything
    3. He wants to know about you to learn your personality. He is analyzing you.
    4. He has done some shit he does not want to talk about. Which he may think it will drive you away.
    5. He is curious person and wants to know everything about everyone. ( Sometimes they end up using all that information against you if you start fight with them )
    6. I'm bored to continue

Most Helpful Girl

• Could be a number of reasons.
    1) His intentions aren't as serious as yours. May want to sound interested to get one thing but isn't going to waste his time letting you know anything about him because of a lasting impression he doesn't want to leave on you or around you.

2) He may want to make sure that he can trust you as a person and get to know you before he lets you in on his personal life. Being aware of his surroundings kind of thing but has true and serious intentions with you enough to take time out of his day to find out who you are.

3) May feel you dont care to listen because maybe you dont care to ask him. He may see you are talking about yourself and answering his questions but won't really engage back by asking him questions so whats the point in speaking on my personal life when you don't seem all that interested in hearing about it.

What Guys Said 17

• a lot of guys can't handle hearing about her previous relationships... especially what she's done sexually. A Guy will visualize it over and over and over... until it ruins the relationship.

• Warm up to him and give it time and then ask him again. I think it'll also help to ask his sign and see if it lines up with that, if it does line up it might make him more willing to open up.

• maybe he wants to dominate you by analyzing your flaws. Just saying.

• He wants to share a possible life with you but probably still worried about being vunerable to someone who may just shit all over him later. I know I felt that way with a lot with many people and didn't want to divulge life stories to a person that doesn't care. That's kind of hurtful whether in a romantic relationship or otherwise.

• When you are starting a relationship or plan on... normally, guys and girls share... that is a way of connecting and generating reciprocity, if you like the guy and have a good feeling about him, give him some time, not too much, and then charge again with questions, if it angers him... I would pretty much say push him into the "acquaintance" zone, not even friend, since he is not willing to share anything... thus no connection and will have a tendency to lopsidedness that might become troubling later, you know, "he used me and abused me" and you will end-up feeling empty because it was you that did all the footwork. But if he starts to open, then do not give in too fast, you might be facing a clinger, go with the flow, if he holds he is a keeper, if not you might have found a good friend. Either way, just be mindful and vigilant, we are around 500 million people in the whole North American Continent and as there are pretty weird people, there are also pretty good catches. ;D

• in my opinion he probably has a lot of regrets about his life, and has reinvented himself.

• maybe he read somewhere that people like to talk about themselves, and to not dominate conversations with stuff about yourself, and he is overdoing it

• Well for one, he might not actually have an interesting life, two he might be jealous of something and thirdly he might be playing with your emotions and is planning to manipulate you. So careful.

• Not being rude, but maybe he doesn't really have anything going on in his life at the moment

• yeah sounds all around sketchy

• He is either...
    A. A control freak.
    B. Trying to figure out if you are the right person for him.

I'd guess B, but there are some guys who are manipulative and controlling and want to know what a woman does in 100% of her life.

• If he is not saying anything about his life. You should do the same.
    just don't trust him and be careful maybe he's up to something

• either he doesn't trust you or he is upto something else.

• fake ing you

• He either wants to use you. Or he has problems with his life/self confidence/ trust.

• attitude problem I think lol

• He is Insecure, that's what it is

What Girls Said 10

• If he is really into you and making the effort to get to know you but still doesn't tell you about his life, its most probably he doesn't trust you enough or thinks that you will not like him anymore if you got to know about sides of him that he is not proud of... self image issues really. Its either that or he has a really boring life or thinks his life is unimportant. If you still want to know him though, give him time and clue him in once in a while without being pushy. If that guy is the one for you and has genuine feelings for you then he will open up slowly (read: very slowly). All the best.

• Hate it when someone does that! Classic case of a boy more absorbed in what he wants than what the other person wants. Sorry if this sounds bitter, but I wasted a few of my teenage on a boy similar to this. He always wanted to know what goes on in my life, and would never divulge what goes on in his.

• More of a listener than talker? Maybe he's not comfortable expressing himself and doesn't want to come across as boring. I'm the same way, I don't like being asked about myself cause I sum it up in a few short answers.

• Maybe he's closed off.

• He's hiding something.

• Walk away

• What is his age? If he is 24+ then he must have some experience in his life including professional life, university life etc. Try to know about him as much as possible before revealing you completely. If he does not want to share anything then try to spend some time together in ice-cream parlor, shopping, but not too much time :)

If you find that that guy is reliable then share your things. May he is shy or he does not like to share daily events with others. But I would suggest you don't rush on a relationship if you really like him. Be patient and try to know about him. This will make your relation stronger.

• Have you asked?

• Yes!! But somehow we end up talking about me

• You need to ask open ended questions to force him to answer with more than yes or no. Also, some guys prefer to be mysterious to create more attraction. I think it's better he is interested in you than monopolizing and only talking about himself. Next time you find yourself doing all the talking, just say, "enough about me, tell me more about yourself".

• Psychopath

• Because he's an attention sucker. An emotional vampire. Narcissist. Stay away. Far away.