Women, are you approached by men?

Frequently, rarely, never? Would you like us to do it more? Are there certain places where you'd like this to happen more often?

27

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, in my own country (the Netherlands) not that often, but in England, Germany and France it happened almost daily and sometimes several times a day. The guys over there liked my natural beauty (blond curls, blue eyes, nice lips, rosy cheeks, NO MAKE UP). It happened so often that I got used to it (which is a bad thing). Now I'm on my way back to NL and I will have to live on without all that attention lol. Think they like girls with make up in NL so... but yeah to answer your question. I like it because it bootst my confidence, but I didn't really like any of the guys in particular (didn't like the way they looked, the way they approached me or just didn't feel any connection), so usually I gave them my number because I find it hard to say no (they were all so nice so yeah). But yeah you can approach a girl if you like her but please, if you want to get more out of it than just her number, don't tell her she is pretty right away. Use something to start a converstation with her. Maybe say that there is something about her you feel attracted to if you really want to compliment her. Otherwise you come across as a creep.

• Fijne reis terug!:) And thank you for your extensive answer. Appreciated. i am learning a lot

• I grew up in the states and went to international schools in the netherlands.;)

What Girls Said 26

• It's somewhat rare that I get approached, but it does happen. I don't know if I want to be approached more, it depends on the setting and how they go about it. I'm not a huge fan of being approached at clubs or while walking down the street. If it seems somewhat natural, organic and not forced and its during the day somewhere, I am a lot more open to it. I've had a guy leave a note on my car while I was at the gym, and I was there close to two hours and it was a huge parking lot and huge gym. I was a little creeped out because I didn't know who they were, when they put the note there or how long they had been watching me to know it was my car. not my favourite of approaches.

• Yeah, creepy older men

• Yeah occasionally.

• If you mean irl, it happens very rarely. It's mostly someone drunk or high on something, or a foreigner who doesn't understand the social norms here.

If you mean in general, it happens all the time. However, I don't really consider people approaching me online to be that serious.

• I meant in the real world indeed. Thanks for your opinion.

• Pretty much never. At work, I get people flirting with me but just generally out in public, it basically never happens which I've always been happy with :P At work, I wish it'd happen less.

• So you never want to be approached? Maybe because you're already in a relationship? Or something else

• I'm already in a relationship so yeah, I don't wanna be approached. But even outside of a relationship, I don't know if I'd like it much. Too shy and anxious for that stuff :P

• I understand. Thank you for your opinion

• Am, not when I'm at the gas station please

• Yes, quite often actually. If not talked to, then flirting with looks or eyes. It always surprises me. When I go out I rarely have to buy drinks.

• And yes, do it more. I'm not promiscuous so I never fall for the guys looking for sex, but I have met a lot of awesome people that way. I like chatting with people. I get creeped out sometimes by the guys on social media.. they make me angry sometimes because they're generally more foul and perverted. I'd prefer less of that.

• Awe โ˜บ๏ธ so endearing.

• So frustrating!

• Yes often.

• Not so much. Only a few. I guess I'm terrifying them, being distant and unapproachable. But I don't do it on purpose!

• This is something i assume from women right away when im interested: taken, distant so uninterested, or out of my league. Thanks for the opinion:) I do the same thing as you because im too shy

• Sounds like were the same person. We'd get along well :D

• We should find our power on that! Then no one will be able to resist!

• Yea lately I am getting more approached
    I like it haha, keep bringing it๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ
    Makes it easier for me to choose.
    It doesn't matter much where but more on how he does it and how much in the mood I am.

• It happens to me quite frequently, though when I was younger it wasn't as often.

• Do you like it or does it bother you? And do you enjoy it / want it more in some places than in other (i. e. more at coffee cafe's than at bars or vice versa?)

• It depends. Most of the time, it's awkward, because I'm just trying to get home or get somewhere and someone is being awkward, overbearing and stopping me from where I'm trying to get to. Plus I have a boyfriend, and guys have made it awkward for me when I state that then insist we "be friends tho", when you know that's not their intention.

When guys are more genuine about it, complimenting and asking if I'm single, it's fine, it's only when guys get overbearing or creepy that I have an issue with it.

• Thank you for your genuine answer. :) i appreciate it

• I don't get approached-actually never. I've been told I give off an unapproachable vibe, but I'm not trying to! I'm friendly, I swear! I would love for guys to approach me because for girls like me, making the first move is highly unlikely.

• It happens. It kind of annoys me, being approached by Anyone, but that me liking to be left alone in general

• Is it because you're already taken? Or you're not interested in finding someone?

• And you should be you. I miss intimacy too so im educating myself on when and where and how etc.

• That's really good to hear :)
      I wish you good luck!

• Sometimes when my parents aren't around, I get approached by creeps who look like they're in their 20s and 30s. I hate it.

• Sorry to hear that. Il give em a smack on the head and demand them to stop.

• Nope, only to offer help when my vehicle's hood is up.

• Yea, I've been approached a lot by strangers both men and women. Most of the time I just get gawked at, so yea I would like it if the guy I'm interested in had the balls to approach me.

• I've been approached once or twice. It definitely boosts our self-esteem. It makes us feel beautiful and noticed. You guys should go for it !! Best spots/times according to me : on campus, at the mall , at events, while on holiday , weekends

• Never.
    And yeah, it happens as often as women approaching men... so rarely to never.

• I think men approach much more often. thanks for your opinion

• *Catcalling, being drunk or online doesn't count.
      No problem. Thank you for your opinion.

• All the time but I stand out in my country so I am not impressed, plus it's always guy who know they have no business talking to me. The ones I like are shy and don't do shat.

• Yeah i am one of those shy fellas but i am trying to build confidence and choose the right moment.

• even if were not interested do it anyway cause girls are not suposed to aproach anyone. aproaching a woman shows your masculine and your chance of getting a girlfriend is much bigger

• I dont approach just anyone. I will leave that to the players. I also won't approach if i already know she's not interested. I guess im not stubborn enough. Thanks for your opinion:)

• I get approached by men maybe once or twice a month, it depends on how often I leave the house. But yea I wouldnโ€™t mind being approached more, itโ€™s definitely a confidence booster. I really donโ€™t this it matters where it happens as long as the guy is respectful.

• Everywhere. And its never "hey hows it goin wanna do something." Its alway "want to sit on my dick?" Its utterly depressing to see our society become so foul.

• I am. Mostly though I am approached online on dating and social networking sites by interested men..

• Not really. I mean once and that's it. Yeah definitely do it more x

• I am approached by men sometimes, however, I think more guys should do it. Whether it be passing each other somewhere, at the mall, or at the grocery store. Maybe if you're a cashier or if she's the cashier... at jobs like that

• Constantly, and I really do not care for a cold approach.