DO GUYS LIKE WOMEN THAT TAKE CONTROL? Me and my coworker teach a class and we've known each other for a year?

My coworker and I teach a class together (elementary students). Sometimes we divide the instruction & take turns assisting the other. I've been a little self-conscious lately & have been questioning my own worth & abilities. I know I'm smart, kind, beautiful & driven, but what does my coworker think of me? He never really compliments me like that, will say that I did great teaching in class today, or if anyone asks in my presence, he will say "she's great at work!" but that's it. I wonder if secretly he has negative opinions on the way I teach. I'm relatively new to teaching and i feel like sometimes I get a little too passionate in the moment and I might come off as aggressive or excited (my opinion, no one has said this to me) & I feel like that might be threatening to him as a man, because men like to be in control of the situations they're in, (but i'm sure women do, too). As a teacher, teachers love to be the King/Queen of their classrooms, so I understand if he feels a little put off by my being so "in control" (again, he hasn't said this, this is all what i've been thinking, I'm always conscious of myself & curious what others think, I'm always looking for cues & body language, tone, in the event that they may reveal something to me about someone's thoughts or feelings). He's not the type of person to say anything bad about others, & doesn't really reveal much opinion. I always tell him to communicate, & tell me if i'm doing anything wrong because he's been teaching longer than I have, the kids seem to like him more because they've known him longer, & he has more experience with kids than I do. Do you think he likes my instruction in the class or does he have problems with my authority? It's confusing because I hardly get feedback from him. He always says I did well, & just says I'm better than I was when I began, and I'm more comfy with the kids. But that doesn't necessarily mean I'm a good teacher... Moreover, is the control I exhibit an attractive quality?
2
0