I stopped our hook-up midway on our fourth date, he was fine with it, but haven't heard from him since? What does this mean?

I met this guy online, and we had been on three dates. We got along really well, I was quite sceptical at first, but I started to really like him (and I think he did too). He was respectful, we didn't properly kiss until our third date, which to me was a sign that he was testing the waters and seeing if I reciprocated. Which I did.

A few days ago we had our fourth date, he invited me to his home and made me dinner.
One thing led to another and we were hooking up; I remember thinking that I wanted him to make a move much sooner than he actually did. We hooked up, started to do things (I won't go into detail), but I asked to stop halfway through because I said I wasn't ready. He was fine with it, or at least that's what it seemed like. I told him that I did want to but I just wasn't ready. I have had some bad experiences when it comes sex and the complications that it brings in my relationships, which is what influenced me to stop that night (I didn't tell him this though). Long story short, I told him that I'd make it up to him, we cuddled for a bit, then I left. He messaged me to make sure I got home okay, and I responded thanking him for dinner, apologising for leaving abruptly and that I'd make it up to him. He said he was looking forward to it and said goodnight. I haven't heard from him since (this was 4 days ago).

Did I blow it? Was he expecting a hook-up and nothing more? Did I come off as a tease (which was not my intention at all)? Advice, please!!!
4
0