Why do some guys have trouble keeping promises?

736

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they made promises they couldn't keep, even if they really wanted to. It's kind of like when a girl says, "I meant it when I said it". They did mean it.

When he made that promise. He felt a certain way and meant it in his heart. He truly would not do xyz and he absolutely would do abc. Then something happens. His emotions change slightly and he goes with those emotions. Then in a moment where he doesn't feel the same way as when he made that promise to you he makes a choice that goes against that promise.

Most Helpful Girl

• People who have trouble keeping promises can rarely commit to anything long-term. They’re usually only looking out for themselves and only want to do the things that are convenient for them. They rarely go out of their way to please others, simply because they’re only interested in their own wants and needs. They like keeping their options open, the ”promise” is just a way for them to secure a situation if they find it to be most beneficial for them. The promise itself actually doesn’t mean anything, they just don’t want you to ask anyone else. If something better comes along, they’ll happily break the promise because they don’t have a need for it anymore.
    Such people make lousy friends and partners. Stay clear from them.

• And the promise can work out in their favor if they end up enjoying the benefits of the situation, because it created the illusion that they’re reliable. It’s a way to impress people.

What Guys Said 35

• I know the reason I didn't keep certain promises. It was usually lack of willpower. A promise I intended to keep but didn't realize how difficult it would be, especially if it goes against my nature.

Certain promises I know I will always keep. Being loyal, honest, and loving are a part of who I am. However, for a person to fight against themselves to overcome something, that is when the promise isn't something that can be kept on the first, second, or even third declaration. It becomes an ongoing fight.

• Very simple as there are a lot of real big bullshitters out there and a lot of men will say anything to impress their lady but when the time comes to deliver on it they are full of shit that their eyes are brown.

Perfect example there was this guy that was dating this girl and he kept bragging his cock was over a foot long and when the time came the first time they went to bed she almost needed a microscope to see his cock and balls!!!

• Great question I will tell you right now ok there boys ok a man has his own shit ok job something a boy trys to get a hand out as a man I work hard for everything I have

• First, men and women do that and I believe the main reason is cuz they’re immature. I consider myself mature, but if a woman try to play with me, I’ll play with her too and see where it goes.

Another thing... women like to put men on the spot and make them promise something, say he loves her, etc... an advice for women, don’t do that... those things should come out naturally.

• Everyone, boys and girls do and I think it's because of age. I know anyone out there that has a father like mine ain't going to break their promise unless they broke a leg. I was told at 16 by my father, you may not have a job, a car, a house or even your old lady is gone but, you can get by without all that. "If a man ain't got his word, he ain't got shit & he's lost everything in life".

• Same reason why some women have trouble keeping promises.

• Promises about what?

Being faithful?
    Do stuffs at the right time like I'm going to lose weight
    Or being there for you at an event?

• Younger folk often don't know what they want. On one hand anyone, young and old, is expected to commit to being a particular kind of person but on the other hand young people especially but sometimes older people too are actively trying to also become some particular kind of person they have in mind as well. Sometimes these two people, the one they promise to be and the one they are trying to be, end up in conflict. Ultimately, a good relationship is one where both partners can find a way to keep commitments and work through growth conflicts at the same time. That take two people to do. If your partner won't work with you then you should consider leaving them over having your needs unmet and allowing you own growth to be thwarted.

• This is not a matter of gender, it comes down to the individual. Some people just suck at backing up what they say lol.

• Probably they are afraid of keeping promises due to what it represent. It represent commitment and it could be something they're not willing to give for several reasons which can be related to some form of fear.

• Immaturity

• Sometimes it's some uncertain situations N sometimes they do it intentionally I prefer to only keep a promise if I can keep it otherwise I avoid it

• Why do some women have the same troubles?

• They lie to get what they want an leave , no respect for anything, it's shame people can't love these days,

• I don't know, why do some women have trouble keeping promises?

• ah some of em just do

• Because we are pie crust idiots!

• I can't speak for other guys but with me its a miscalculation:time, money, etc. Its not intentional and i stress over it for months after. Things just don't go as planned some times.

• I find the best liars are the ones that believe what they are saying when they say it. But then later, the reality of keeping that promise hits them.

This is true of guys and girls.

• Stop making promises then

• Because they don't give a shit about what they tell you.

• Answer to this question is that because some guys do not trust themself why some trust themself and have belive and faith

• Well its either because the promise was out of their control or they had no real intention of keeping it.

• If women stop lie by wearong make up, stuff bras and high heels. One false promise deserve another.

• We dont !! I promise

• Coz they always over-commit to impress !!

• never make a promise you can not keep i alway say

• The same reason anyone does. They haven't learnt the value of being reliable.

• Ask the guy who broke em

• I don't know other guy, but i always try to keep my promises.

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 6

• The same reason why girls can't keep theirs - it was either out of his control and/or they nevereant to fulfill the promise.

One more thing, girls more sentimental and give great value to spoken things such as saying "I'll be here for you" or "I could buy that for you!" and such will sometimes pressure guys into making promises.

• They're just.. not good at it or end up forgetting. Just tell them don't make promises you know you can't keep.

• Well that's why u call them guys not men

• I have troubles with this too. I think they really do believe it at that point but then later something else will cross their minds and don't care about that promise anymore.

• Because they are assholes

• This is a pretty unfair generalization. Most of the guys in my life are excellent at keeping their word, which is not exactly something that I can say about the gals I know.