Why does jealousy in a guy drive a girl away?

A girl was really into me when I got jealous on a night out with friends she was talking to other guys and I got mad even tho we haven't dated yet
Now she is completely pissed with me and is moving on to the next guy
The reason I got jealous was because I like her so much I taught she would see that?

5d
Any more views

207

What Girls Said 20

• I'm guessing she's thinking, "Oh, no. If he acts this jealous now and we aren't even in a relationship- how much worse is he going to get if we're together?"

It isn't about "showing how much you like her", it's about that you don't seem to trust her. Also, you could cause a lot of problems with her friends, and she may not want to deal with that.

Also, some jealous guys take it to a scary level. She may have had a problem with a guy like this before. A lot of us who run into a problem like that don't want a jealous guy in the future, especially if he overreacts. From your description it sounds like you overreacted.

• Hmm, interesting question! I asked a few of my friends what they thought, and they said they didn't like it because they feel like it makes the guy a little clingy or possessive. Maybe it came off too strong cuz you guys weren't official yet. However, I completely disagree with them. If I was the girl, that would've made you 20 times more attractive because it shows that you already cared about me so much, which could mean that you will value me a lot in a relationship. I guess everyone has a different take on this. But don't feel bad. If she can't get past that, then maybe she wasn't right for you to begin with. Find you a girl who will look at that and think "Damn, my boyfriend's hella cute when he jealous" I promise you she's out there ;) Have a great day!!

• I like jealously as long as he isn't controlling.
    A little jealousy is healthy.
    But I don't like when men I have no relationship with start acting pissed off and angry when I have other male friends and such. Like dude, chill, I'm not your girlfriend let me breathe.

• being overly jealous is just the start to become a controlling person.
    that's why.
    you start it off as being jealous. then you want to tell her not to do this that that. if she does, you might even become physically abusive

• all you proved was that you are a possessive psycho. She hadn't even decided if she liked you and you are already showing this negative behavior. she had no good behavior from a relationship to balance that out in her mind. Not to mention if you are this possessive now, once you two were to have a relationship it would only be worse. So the best and easiest thing to do is keep walking.

• Well.. I guess she wasn't all that into you and felt a bit scared by how possessive you were being when you guys weren't eve officially together.

• 5d

Is there any comeback from that

• 5d

not really. Especially since she's already actively pursuing someone else, I highly doubt that your attempting to 'rekindle' something that was never really there would accomplish much to your benefit anyhow.

• Because jealousy makes us think you dont trust us, and that you're controlling. And to get like that before you're even in a relationship is even worse.

• Because it's gross and it feels bad to have it feel like the person you're with doesn't trust you

• I suppose it's how it's expressed, if they got mad at me because some guy said something to me... Yeah I'd be like wtf but guys being territorial and keeping other guys away is kinda their job...

• Because it's suffocating
    It's like u're too controlling and u don't trust her

• any girl would avoid you for doing such a ridiculous public display when not in relationship with her

• She is afraid that you will controll her totally. She doesn't know yet that no boyfriend will tolerate her for talking other guys... no men like when their woman behave like a whore... Either she will be a spinster, or she will marry to a soft dick...

• 5d

So if men don't go psycho if there girlfriend has male friends, he's a pussy? Thats ridiculous.

• 4d

@Gypsy_x All men are jeolous in that case and it is the same with women. If someone denies this, they lie!

• 4d

I'm sorry you feel that way, but most people are definitely not like that.

• Maybe she thought, if it is bad now... what is he going to be like when we get serious.

• Honesty I don’t like the guys who aren’t jealous. I feel like they care a lot about me when they are. 😊

• Girls don’t like to ha jealous men but girl can also be jealous of there guy their like. But they try the hide jealous.

• lol i love jealousy cause im like that

• Jealousy can result in controlling behaviour. Jealousy also means distrust in a relationship. Jealousy is not a positive trait

• Extreme jealousy is a turn off in any gender

• Showing jealousy makes me feel that you are not confident enough in yourself. Having to imagine what it would be like to date you and having to maybe deal with that same type of behavior is not something a girl wants.

• 5d

i do cause i get jealous and over protective lucky my boyfriend let me snag bitches hair and slam their skulls in if they flirt

• Why were you acting like that?

What Guys Said 7

• Jealousy is a weakness, not a strength.

• They don't like to feel like someone is trying to control them

• Moral of the story, don't let the person that you like with your friends because your friends playing too.

• Because she's not your girlfriend so you don't have the standing to get jealous.

• She probably thinks you are a jealous and abusive fuck who will quicker bring her down than lift her up... then again some women love too much men and still wanna find a soulmate.

• You blew that one. You got jealous and mad, and you weren't even dating. That sounds immature, and is a real turn off to a girl. Learn from your mistake, and do better next time.

• The same way jealousy in a woman drives a man insane