Why is it hard to get guys to talk passionately about something other than sex?

I've tried football, video games, hobbies, what they want out of life, childhood. It's like pulling teeth to talk except about sex. Then he suddenly has a whole lot to say and is interested.

1344

Most Helpful Guy

• Let's assume that a lot of people don't have communication skills. Lol. And it's not that they don't know how to talk, but more of don't know how to connect. And this usually starts at home with their relationships with their family and the examples that were shown to them. In a sense they've been fogged that they aren't aware of it. If they're just available talking about sex and enthusiastic about that, you need to talk to people with bigger dreams, goals, or values. :) press that NEXT button and leave it behind. Everyone has potential to be great and fantastic, but if they covered with a lot mud, it'll be harder for them to shine. You got this girl.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know the feeling, sometimes it's like talking to a wall but not all guys are like that. I think it's probably just because they either don't think they're other interests are important enough or something, or they're worried that they're gonna be judged for liking something but with sex, most people like the same things so it's easier to talk about without feeling judged too much

• See, the problem is that many of us have interests that aren't inherently interesting to women. Not many of them care if I enjoy a certain game, which creates a gap already. That makes many guys hold back.

That said, if all you discuss is sex, perhaps he should buy a rubber pocket pussy to get his urges out instead.

• That makes sense, I can understand why a guy would hold back a little because of that. Lol, it would save everyone time