Why did he come back just to pull away again? My ex showed back up in my life after a year and a half. We have dinner. He says we're on a date?

Tells me how much he's missed me how he never stopped caring or thinking about me, how he tried to replace me and couldn't. spending every free moment with me. Then he came under some stress dealing with his ex and issues with paying for his sons college. After not hearing from him for a few days I contacted him to check in on him. He said he was angry with how his ex was treating his son and he needed to work through it and didn't want to take his anger at her out on me. The next day I was texting a client about a haircut (I'm a hairdresser) and accidentally sent it to him. He said is this for me? I said sorry no Jacob but I do need to talk to you later about something. I had surprised him with concert tickets and was dying to tell him. I never heard from him so asked why he ignored my text. He said he's not in a very good place right now and doesn't think he should be talking to women. He called a few minutes later and apologized and said i think there's probably someone out there better for you and it sounds like you and Jacob have things to talk about. I explained it was about a haircut and he said sorry my mind always goes to worse case scenario. He text me today and it went as follows... I’m sorry, I truly am, I don’t know what to say, I felt very bad last week and with some different things I feel about you and me, and I handled it wrong because I was upset. It wasn’t what you did, but the text I got when you are talking to Other people it hits me little strange and you said you would see other people, and you should, but it was the stuff I have to deal with and have been asked to keep quiet about after I was told about, and I felt I needed space, but I feel I am forcing myself to be or fit when it comes to us, I felt we were suppose to talk again but I don’t feel we fit well for each other, I don’t know that I can show you love that you need and I don’t think I have that in me anymore. I had told him if he couldn't commit that I would keep my options open.
3
0