Guys, would you ever give your life up to save a random woman?

• NO FUCKING WAY.
  • YES 100%
  • I can't say unless i was in the situation.
    Vote C
  • Only for a family member or girlfriend/wife.
    Vote D

962

What Guys Said 62

• It's hard to say. I've taken risks - perhaps *potentially* risking my life at least in theory, though the risks weren't that great in the end - to help women I didn't know or barely knew. But I can't say that I've faced near-certain death, and so I can't say if I'd choose to do that for a stranger. It's certainly possible, but I won't like and say "absolutely" because I really don't know.

• I don't think I could really answer that question unless I'm in that situation in that moment... it's very circumstantial. Depending on a variety of things... how I feel that day for example and just the gravity of the situation in general... and the person in question

Lol just depends on too many things that occur in milliseconds that I can't really analyze
    But I'd say overall no, but depends, but I mean ya I saved her but what about the people that care about you? You just threw them all under a bus when you took your own life
    Say if I was a lone solider... then more yes possibly...

• Since it seems less & less people don't value the human life, I'll step up and do it if needed.

I treat the decision like the elementary school teaching of saying no to drugs, if the decision is made ahead of time it's that much easier to do make it later. 🙂

• Save a random? I wouldn't even do it for a girlfriend.
    maybe a wife... because i know what i would put her through FIRST before that time... and if she made it through the torture i have planned out... and sticks... she earned it.

• 4d

What if you'd been with your girlfriend like 5 or so years though?

• 4d

my torture only has a span of 3 years now... used to be 5 till women started irritating me and i left the game for 5 years.
      so if its 5 years... she'd be a wife...(or a ghost... meaning she would have left)

• A stranger? Hell no! I don't care whether they are male or female--it's outta the question.

A gf/wife? Maaaybe. I've yet to feel love strong enough to be compelled to give my life (not even for my family), but I'm sure that would change if I ever found the right girl.

• Yeah, but depends on the situation.

• "NO FUCKING WAY." because we already have enough women on this earth lol.

• 2d

and im not throwing my life away for some potential asswipe of a woman ^_^.

• Only for someone close, definitely not a random.

• I voted B. The reason being, I would not necessarily know in advance if my action to save a random woman would result in my death. If I am able to help her, I will, and if I die as a result from it, I die.

I am not doing much with my life right now, I have no wife, no kids, no girlfriend, so thinking about losing my life to help someone else doesn't phase me however, should it matter though? We have free will in life but there are consequences for our actions, and even though we exist to experience this gift of life, we do serve a purpose in living it and I suppose our actions play a role in some grand plan.

• Risking my life, I will do that for girl as well a boy but If there is 100% assurance that I'll die, I won't do it unless it is family member

• If it was certain death, then no. I'd only give up my life for my family (wife, kids, parents, siblings, nieces and nephews). If there was a chance I could survive saving someone, then I'd do it - regardless of gender.

• NO FUCKING WAY

• As a single dad , not for a random stranger , my children come far & away first , they depend on me. Let's be honest , most people don't give a shit about each other anyway !! Close family , possibly , only with care in place for my 2.

• I would do it only if I thought that my life is so horrible that her life would be much more important for me than mine, but that has a really low probability, so generally no.

• Of course, plus I would not be able to live with the fact that I didn't save the random woman when I had the chance even if it meant me getting killed instead.

• 100%

• Heavy question. From my perspective... the thought is in the right place, but it'd be inconsiderate to not think of those you would leave behind.

• I would give my life to save one persons life because what if that person has a family what if she has animals and they can’t be taken care I would rather die for people than be forced to life with the fact that I could have saved them

• 1 stray kitten > 100 000 strangers.
    Simple as that.
    1 friend or family member> 100 000 000 strangers.

• I would say yes, but it depends on the situation and I can't really say because I'm not in the heat of the action.

• sure i would

• probably not

• Yes i would save a random woman's life.

• Only for you

• Yes sure I would

• You mean like certain death? Probably not for a complete stranger. For a friend or family member? I'd like to think so.

• Probably not

• nahh these bitches dont deserve it

• I feel like I probably would, yes. Not because she's a woman but because it's a human life in general. I feel like I would most likely try to risk my life for anyone.

• More from Guys
    32

What Girls Said 9

• I'm a woman and I've gotta say no. My instincts for self preservation aside. For all I know she could be a murderer, abuser, etc. I'm not putting my life at risk for a stranger. I would try to asses if I could help her in some way, though. I. e calling for help, administering CPR, moving her out of danger without getting myself killed/severely harmed. I wouldn't run into a fire, dive into shark infested waters, etc.

• Has anyone else wondered why she didn’t let Jack up with her? It’s a little off topic, but she just left him in the freezing cold water to die.

• 4d

Because it was fucking cold. Water that fucking cold makes your brain start shutting down. Even if she avoided most of it, she'd have still be cold as ice. Frankly, the fact that she survived is amazing.

• 4d

@Bippwatt Han shot first!

• 4d

*sigh* *eyeroll* Yes, he did. But Lucas changed it. And it looks fucking weird.

• I think I would without even realizing it

• lol no, especially if she's random.

• Dou mean would I die to save someone else.
    Unless it's someone I love I wouldn't. Not only because I'm selfish and love and want to live my life, but because I have people who care about me.

I know I'm not a guy, but still.

• Duh. Men are programmed to take care of us.

• I'm only saving family

• No...

• I don’t think people plan these things, most times. Like when someone jumps in front of a car, it’s instinct. Props to soldiers, cops, firefighters, etc for going into dangerous situations.