What do I do when my boyfriend talks about killing himself?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months he has a few mental health disorders (I didn't know at first). He talks about wanting to kill himself and it really hurts me because I don't want to lose him but he can't see that. I gave him the suicide hotline already. I don't know what else to do.

He called me crying. I can't help him. I don't know how. I'm still on the phone with him now.

1122

Most Helpful Guy

• tell his parents. tell your parents. send cops to his house. just don't hang up the phone on him. you get parents involved NOW

• He moved and I don't know his new address.

• still get parents involved asap. never ever take this shit lightly.

Most Helpful Girl

• "He talks about wanting to kill himself and it really hurts me because I don't want to lose him"

Did you tell him that?
    In my worst moments, that kind of thought is what kept me going - think more about other people than drown in my own self-pity.

Get his family involved, suggest professional help.

• I just read your comment to someone else where ypu say he's schizophrenic and he stopped taking his medicine. WTH would he do that?
      You gotta slap him straight, he more than anyone else should know those feelings aren't real he should take care.
      Call the hospital, his family, anyone.
      You should not deal with this by yourself.

What Guys Said 21

• There's nothing else you can do and you have to distance yourself from him/it. It's all talk. He's verbally manipulating you that's all it is. Also tell him how much that talk hurts you and "if he cared about you" he'd stop it.

• He’s not manipulating me. He stopped taking his medication.

• Different situation totally. He's telling you and talking to you about it (more or less forcing you to have those feelings).

• I'm not saying you shouldn't have them (anyone would), I'm just saying it's manipulation regardless.

• You mentioned this before yes
    He needs to see a professional

Like to put this into context. A lisenced professional has the authority to hold him at the hospital if they feel he is a threat to his life

So imagine. Its No joke girly girl
    Hotline isn't enough
    You need to make him comfortable enough to see a professional psychologist of some sort or at least a therapist

Maybe he needs meds. Things you have zero control over

• Let him listen to that rap song about suicide. That can inspire him to not kill himself or tell him to go a hospital ASAP.

• If you're friends on Facebook, I'm sure he has family that's close to him, it might sound like betraying his trust but tell them. If his phone number is traceable police can usually find out where he lives or have someone drive him to a local hospital.

• Tell him to stop killing himself and say to him "don't kill yourself because its a sin" and he could go to the hell if he kills himself.

• Make him get proffesional help

• Look at the roots of the of the problem. You have to go back in his history and find out from where it began. From there you have to start fixing things with him

• give him the knife and tell him to kill himself...

• He's a scitzophenic right

• Tell his parents so they can get him professional help

• Reassure him what is effecting him is temporary and death is permanent solution that if he does that many people will be sad like you

• Feed him stories about hell maybe he would change his mind

• I am in the same scernio. My partner keeps saying the same. Take them to the doctor's. They could have depression

• Tell him about God and he'll
    And tell him about positive things in his life and about your future relationship life

• Treat him good! you're a caring girlfriend

• leave him

• Don't give him attention then. When people say they are going to do it they won't 9/10 times. And its just bad influence on you as well.

• You have encourage your boyfriend about life, show him that life is really very beautiful.

• Just brk up with him and move on buddy. Life is too short to have sex

• Just tell him to man up, your relationship won't last. Is it long distance?

• Maybe he's just tired. Maybe he's tired of all the b*llshit this life has to offer. If he truly is there won't be much anyone can do.

What Girls Said 10

• Remind him of all the good times you guys had, how much you love him and don't wanna loose him, calm him down, cheer him up with stupid jokes, take his mind off of the pain, distract him from it by telling him something about you he doesn't know, tell him it hurts you soo bad when he hurts, so stop hurting plzz. Get him help ASAP before its too late, because if you don't he might do something and you're going to grow up thinking its your fault when it isnt' AT ALL.

• Be honest with him. Tell him how you would feel if he committed suicide. Try to figure out things that make him want to kill himself and eliminate those problems. And if there are some problems that you can't fix, talk to a professional about What you should do.

• tell him about how death is a thing that cannot be reversed. how you would feel if you lost him. say 'would you want to leave your loved ones behind sad and hurt?" say how there's always going to be some bad in life, but there cannot be good without bad.

• When someone is like that the only thing you can do is listen. It's totally up to them to seek out help.

• I'd slap some sense into him. Drag his ass to therapy

• Call police.

• Contact his family. And on your part, give him more time. You never know when he needs you.

• call the police and he family, and dump him

• You need to get see about getting him some mental health help.. let him know how you’d feel if you lost him.

• I'm over here crying. I tried to. He won't go get help.

• Awwww hell nah leave him.

• Show him the kill yourself song by Bo Burnham. It's great