What do I do when my boyfriend talks about killing himself?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months he has a few mental health disorders (I didn't know at first). He talks about wanting to kill himself and it really hurts me because I don't want to lose him but he can't see that. I gave him the suicide hotline already. I don't know what else to do.
He called me crying. I can't help him. I don't know how. I'm still on the phone with him now.

1122

Most Helpful Guy

• There's nothing else you can do and you have to distance yourself from him/it. It's all talk. He's verbally manipulating you that's all it is. Also tell him how much that talk hurts you and "if he cared about you" he'd stop it.

• He’s not manipulating me. He stopped taking his medication.

• Different situation totally. He's telling you and talking to you about it (more or less forcing you to have those feelings).

• I'm not saying you shouldn't have them (anyone would), I'm just saying it's manipulation regardless.

Most Helpful Girl