Why does he keep looking at me if he doesn’t even talk to me anymore?

I saw my crush at an event last night. He’s been distant from me for months now because apparently he has personal issues right now. We used to be pretty good friends but I think feelings got involved and it complicated things. I do like him but I’m too shy to tell him.

So at this event he came with his married female friend and we both knew people there. I noticed that when I was talking to other people, he would glance at me a lot from across the room, like he’s wondering my whereabouts. Mutual friends were saying he was asking about me lately but he still never approached me. He actually just ignored me. He’s done this at previous events where he will just look at me from afar. If he’s close enough he will sometimes wave to me. It’s just all confusing to me and I don’t know how to talk to him anymore like we used to, which was quite a lot.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Much of my answer would depend on what 'personal issues' mean, but overall, these 'staring games' are played by both sexes when they want the other to confirm that they may approach, or are welcome... or when they hope you will approach them.
    If you like him, just try saying hi. Or find a reason to talk to him - on neutral ground about neutral topic.
    And when he waves... wave back. And smile.
    If he wants his friend back, he will be glad. And if he wants more... give him a chance.

0|0
    0|0
    • I narrowed the possibilities of his personal issues to be either his job because he stopped talking to me the day he got his job and he kept having to switch jobs or the other possibility is me because I’m literally the only person he doesn’t talk to anymore. That’s just what I think they maybe, I don’t actually know for sure.

• Show All
    • I have no idea. I’m still in college and he’s out working now (we met at college when he was still attending) so probably the next time I’ll see him is the end of March when I graduate college. The event we went to last night was another grad ceremony so I think he would go to mine as well. But I could run into him on the street too because his work is a few blocks from my place

• Another idea: text him. Ask him to meet you, tell him you need his advice or need someone to talk to. See how he responds.
      Try something relatively easy, or something you know he is able and willing to talk about. Go get a coffee together.

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like he knows exactly how too keep you guessing. He gives you just enough to keep you holding on to hope everytime you're disconnecting a bit. I'd say you don't need that in your life, you don't want someone who is playing you (even if he does have some personal stuff going on). Move on. And if somehow it's meant to be, you disconnecting completely will make him change his attitude and be upfront.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• He thinks you are not interested and he is trying to move on by avoiding you. He looks over because he still has feelings for you. He is trying to get over you because he thinks you are not interested

0|2
    0|0
  • Well all u can do for him is be there for him and if your shy just tell him how u feel it will drive u crazy if you don't plus you'll also be doing what ifs

1|0
    0|0
  • Cause he doesn't want to loose you aur may be he feels like why would u date him in his point you are the most beautiful girl and he think himself nothing in front of you so first of all why don't you start conversation he will feel more confident and then everything will be go smoothly ☺

0|1
    0|0
  • If he is usually a confident person, then I think he wants you to react exactly the way you are reacting now. He's waiting for you to make a move because he's probably unsure what kind of direction the relationship is headed to.

0|1
    0|0
  • he is trying to talk to you , but he just can't reach you.. just try to the decrease the range between you.. he finds it hard cause he is afraid of you will react.. so try to make a move forward and make it easy for him

0|2
    0|0
  • Because his feeling... Are up on u.. He cannot express his feeling... I think shore one u can talk with him

0|1
    0|0
  • He doesn't want to be charged with harassment or rape. He's clever!

0|0
    0|0
  • Ok he probably doesn't know how to approach you but it depends on what sort of person he is

0|0
    0|0
  • Well maybe he does want you and csnt approach you directly

0|0
    0|0
  • Well damn why don't YOU go talk to HIM

0|1
    0|0
    • Because it's extremely difficult for shy people to do. Reread the top paragraph ☺️

• I know that. But if its that important, she'll get past the shyness. Otherwise nothing will happen.

• The past

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he's not decided yet

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he is confused..

0|0
    0|0
  • Send him a pic of your twat

0|0
    0|1
  • Because he still got feeling for you

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably because your eyebrows are uneven

0|0
    0|1
  • It gets awkward

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, he clearly likes you. But he's trying to get over you. I don't know, maybe you broke his heart and started dating someone else, or you told him you like someone else and that broke his heart or someone else told him that. Or maybe he is just weird or having actual personal problems. If he is having such problems maybe you need to be there for him. Take a stand. Maybe he's even shyer than you. But he does still like you. If you want something to happen, ask him out. Guys love that stuff. Especially shy guys. He would say yes most probably.

1|0
    0|0
  • So it seems like you both are doing the same thing. You both wanna talk to eachother but no one has the balls to step up.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

Recommended myTakes