I dont enjoy it and always feel like I am wasting my time. At the same time whenever I have tried going out by myself I always end up sitting alone the entire night watching everyone else have fun because I am way too nervous to approach anyone and I am probably the creepy loaner in the place so noone wants to talk to me anyway.
Most Helpful Girl
Most Helpful Guy
I know exactly how you feel.
I had the same issue when I was medically discharged from the service. I went to dance and events, had a hard time breaking the ice and being accepted as a 28 year old trying to get into civilian life.
1. Dress well, smell nice, get in shape, groom up
2. Do a variety of events and don't give a shit about what people think. Dance like a maniac, do crazy Warhammer tactics, play dnd, go for walks, find a bike club, get a hobby you genuinely enjoy.
3. Staying home is easy and a sign of depression with it being simple, cheap and stress free. Lol up jokes and use them as ice breakers when you're out. Listen to people's problems and encourage them to talk passionately about what they like.
4. If it can't be solved or the issue is a broken record, change the subject and energy towards somthing productive and fun, like a movie.
5. Treat everyone like a human with stuff they have to deal with like their biology, disorders and problems. Women feel like they're treated like vaginas with life support and men feel like they're worth only what they can do for others. This helps with that.
6. Have fun.0