I dont enjoy it and always feel like I am wasting my time. At the same time whenever I have tried going out by myself I always end up sitting alone the entire night watching everyone else have fun because I am way too nervous to approach anyone and I am probably the creepy loaner in the place so noone wants to talk to me anyway.
Most Helpful Girl
In my younger years I used just be at home always and didn't have any self seem. .. now! Hell you need to have a campus to look for me, I am out and being social... I may be busy with my work but I want to get more knowledge of what's going around me... and being active and being challenge is my game of my life!! I love it. Push youself little by little, and just go with the flow, you may not have many people to talk to or be friends yet but once you give a little peice of yourself when your out you will built up your self esteem but it takes practice. .. good luck. Also loosen up a little bit too and try being humorous which helps boost your self to others. Happy thoughts😉0
Most Helpful Guy
I know exactly how you feel.
I had the same issue when I was medically discharged from the service. I went to dance and events, had a hard time breaking the ice and being accepted as a 28 year old trying to get into civilian life.
1. Dress well, smell nice, get in shape, groom up
2. Do a variety of events and don't give a shit about what people think. Dance like a maniac, do crazy Warhammer tactics, play dnd, go for walks, find a bike club, get a hobby you genuinely enjoy.
3. Staying home is easy and a sign of depression with it being simple, cheap and stress free. Lol up jokes and use them as ice breakers when you're out. Listen to people's problems and encourage them to talk passionately about what they like.
4. If it can't be solved or the issue is a broken record, change the subject and energy towards somthing productive and fun, like a movie.
5. Treat everyone like a human with stuff they have to deal with like their biology, disorders and problems. Women feel like they're treated like vaginas with life support and men feel like they're worth only what they can do for others. This helps with that.
6. Have fun.0