Why the fuck do I just stay at home every weekend and never go out?

I dont enjoy it and always feel like I am wasting my time. At the same time whenever I have tried going out by myself I always end up sitting alone the entire night watching everyone else have fun because I am way too nervous to approach anyone and I am probably the creepy loaner in the place so noone wants to talk to me anyway.

1316

Most Helpful Girl

• Uhh. Staying at home on the weekend isn’t a big deal. Doing nothing is, find something productive or interesting and go focus on that instead of comparing yourself to some perceived standard that you have to go out on the weekends.

• See the thing is I dont do anything except Netflix and on apps like this. I am struggling to find something I am interested in doing, but I also dont want to do it by myself all the time. I enjoy being around other people, but I feel like I never contribute anything to the experience so why would anyone want me around?

• Well I finish my program this semester so I dont think I will be continueing the classes. Yes I work full time and I will not be quiting because my job is only thing that I actually enjoy doing lately. Are there really volunteer stuff you can do in the evenings? I wouldn't be able to do anything during the day due to work, except for weekends.

• Yes, weekends and evenings there are places you can volunteer. Animal shelters, political organizations, Salvation Army, goodwill, churches, houses for humanity. Get on the internet and search out those opportunities set a goal and work toward it. And if you are finishing your program at school take a look at some personal interest classes, cooking , hobby stuff.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know exactly how you feel.

I had the same issue when I was medically discharged from the service. I went to dance and events, had a hard time breaking the ice and being accepted as a 28 year old trying to get into civilian life.

1. Dress well, smell nice, get in shape, groom up

2. Do a variety of events and don't give a shit about what people think. Dance like a maniac, do crazy Warhammer tactics, play dnd, go for walks, find a bike club, get a hobby you genuinely enjoy.

3. Staying home is easy and a sign of depression with it being simple, cheap and stress free. Lol up jokes and use them as ice breakers when you're out. Listen to people's problems and encourage them to talk passionately about what they like.

4. If it can't be solved or the issue is a broken record, change the subject and energy towards somthing productive and fun, like a movie.

5. Treat everyone like a human with stuff they have to deal with like their biology, disorders and problems. Women feel like they're treated like vaginas with life support and men feel like they're worth only what they can do for others. This helps with that.

6. Have fun.